IGNORED

Atari 2600 clone Supervision 26000 console

Sektor

I bought this at a garage sale in Australia about a decade ago. I've never seen a Supervision console before but maybe they are more common in Europe. Anyone know more about it? Unlicensed clone? I saw some Supervision branded games on eBay and the forums.

wuI2B.jpg

fEliL.jpg

r1HgO.jpg

It works fine. Unfortunately no built in games. Instead of sliding switches, it has pressable buttons. Just a shame it's all scratched up and the panel is peeling off.

Feel free to add to the clones page: http://www.atariage.com/2600/archives/consoles.html

Edited by Sektor

Wow - Cool console.

I've got a bunch of SuperVision cartridges, but i've never seen a SuperVision console!!

These types of Jnr Clones are common amongst the pirate companies, and generally the only diference between them is the panel on the front that is customised with their logo.

Does it have built in games?

No built in games. The power connector is on the left instead of the middle, it has pressable buttons instead of sliding buttons/switches and the panel is different. I'll open it up and take some more pictures.

All PAL genuine 2600s that I've seen use the US spelling of color, it's not just a clone thing. I guess Atari just didn't want to print different panels and the cloners just copied Atari. In programming languages (well in BASIC), the US spelling is always used.

Edited by Sektor

All PAL genuine 2600s that I've seen use the US spelling of color, it's not just a clone thing. I guess Atari just didn't want to print different panels and the cloners just copied Atari. In programming languages (well in BASIC), the US spelling is always used.

I think the BBC BASIC uses COLOUR as a command.

And unfortunately the Asian market adopted that as well, as seen with the Game Boy color, Neo Geo pocket color.etc.

• 3 years later...