IGNORED

Who the hell is doing this?

PacManPlus

Ok, this is getting weird - I don't even have Zektor in my list... Unless he changed his AA name...

I see he has Super Pac-Man as well. Which is ok; that one was released normally. Although whoever is bidding on that obviously doesn't realize that it can be bought from the AA store for less than the bid :ponder:

• Like 1

Ok, this is getting weird - I don't even have Zektor in my list... Unless he changed his AA name...

What about zektor800?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/93688-hello-new-butnot-really/

Hasn't been active since 2006, though. Maybe he forgot his password again and has been active under another username?

• Like 1

:( That sucks. Although opinions are divided and certain members condone this type of behavior due to free market, I still say it's a low thing to do for anything homebrew that wasn't either a general release or is being reproductively pirated.
  • Like 1

:( That sucks. Although opinions are divided and certain members condone this type of behavior due to free market, I still say it's a low thing to do for anything homebrew that wasn't either a general release or is being reproductively pirated.

If you look closely at the photo, you can see BLT Lay's potato chip crumbs near the cartridge.

• Like 3

Aww.. yeah, I didn't know these were being made as well; this is something I was hoping to get someday.

Now, it kind of sucks that a rotten apple seems to be spoiling the bunch.

As I have no plans to buy the XM at the moment, I'm thinking this may just have to be the one that got away.

Do you think this is a reproduction, or one of yours? Any way to tell uniqueness?

On a lighter note, perhaps we can identity the culprit through their choice of sofa cushions...

-John

• Like 1

If you look closely at the photo, you can see BLT Lay's potato chip crumbs near the cartridge.

If you look even closer, you can clearly see that the chips are not, in fact, Lay's brand -- the cross-section is too rigid -- and is clearly some in-store knockoff brand, probably Western Family or Great Value. :|

I've never understood why people would want to profiteer on homebrew anyway. Every homebrew I've purchased, I'm keeping for life, and if I ever did decide to get rid of the collection, they'd either be gifted to friends on AA or sold at the marketplace for the same price I paid for them. And to do it before the cartridge is even within general release is just despicable.

• Like 5

Hi Guys:

I made a few (< 10) last year for some people who weren't getting an XM. I was afraid of people losing interest in the game.

Here's hoping that the XM is done and shipped soon, so I can make any type (XM or not) for whoever wants one. That's what I was really waiting for.

Thanks, for standing behind me, guys.

Bob

• Like 3

I hope the member who is doing this gets banned as well. I have personally been collecting all of Bob's releases, as they are truly amazing. This just ruins it for everyone...especially Bob. :thumbsdown:

IMHO...free market my ass. If Bob is making the game for an AA member as a favor (just as he did for me), they should not turn around and flip it for a profit. IIRC, this game was not even released as a "limited release". Bob sold me mine upon request. He said at the time that he was going to wait for a full release of this title when the XM is completed. This is what I would consider to be a special favor, and I can't thank Bob enough. This kind of behavior is nonsense, and damages the homebrew scene on a regular basis.

• Like 4

thats bull! i want one of those. its to bad we have to wait so long for the xm and no sight of it for quite a while. maybe you could just start doing the ballblazer idea that you originally thought about doing. as bad as i want this, i refuse to bid on it

Edited by AtariBrian

Hey cool, an old fashioned witch hunt.

They are more fun to hunt than warlocks. Those crazy warlocks will rip out your tongue and fry it for breakfast.

It's Al's site. He can ban people because he got the runs from a dorito taco shell at taco bell if he wants.

That one made soda come out of my nose! :rolling:

If you weren't drinking soda at the time, I think that classifies as a miracle. You could bottle that stuff and call it Nose Brew.

• Like 2

My opinion is "free market" overall! They have the free market to sell, but we have the free market to "out" them publicly and shame them! :evil: Seriously though, I think if whomever wants to do it, it's their right, but it's also our right to inform the community at large so that other members are aware of the dealings and may potentially choose to "vote with their wallets" and go elsewhere.

BTW, we all also have the "free market" option to report the auction...... :ponder:

Hi Guys:

I made a few (< 10) last year for some people who weren't getting an XM. I was afraid of people losing interest in the game.

Here's hoping that the XM is done and shipped soon, so I can make any type (XM or not) for whoever wants one. That's what I was really waiting for.

Thanks, for standing behind me, guys.

Bob

Ah, so you'll make some non-XM versions but are just waiting for the XM to ship first?

Good. I was hoping there'd still be a chance at non-XM versions.

As for the topic at hand, while it absolutely goes against etiquette, I don't want to rush to judgment. It could be a case of someone just being an asshat, or it could be the case of someone experiencing financial difficulties and doing something that they normally wouldn't do. And, y'know...as much as it sucks to say it, with the economy in the shape that it's in (as far as the job market is concerned) there's sadly a lot of that sort of thing going around.

As messed up as it is to state: I honestly hope the person is just being a douche rather than going through some real life troubles.

• Like 1