IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 3, ROUND 12 (FINAL ROUND!)

Austin

Hopefully by the time the next round starts I'll have a couple more Jaguar games, as of now I only have 9 including 2 copies of Cybermorph.

What are the usual high scores favorites?

Tempest is so addictive! I can't believe my 1st time playing it was this month!

Hopefully by the time the next round starts I'll have a couple more Jaguar games, as of now I only have 9 including 2 copies of Cybermorph.

What are the usual high scores favorites?

Tempest is so addictive! I can't believe my 1st time playing it was this month!

Glad to see you are enjoying it! Tempest is easily one of the best games for the Jaguar. It has a very addictive quality to it.

As far as HSC favorites, the ones that have popped up regularly are Tempest 2000, Raiden, Pinball Fantasies, Super Burnout, Atari Karts, and Zool 2. If you check the Jaguar High Scores Database list pinned at the top of the Jag HSC sub-forum, you can find a list of all the games that have scoring involved, that may potentially be played. Like this past season, I will be hosting another poll to see what everyone wants to play next season (I have a feeling no one will be picking Dino Dudes, Bubsy or Pitfall this time around). :)

(I have a feeling no one will be picking Dino Dudes, Bubsy or Pitfall this time around). :)

Hopefully. I don't know about you guys but I'm voting for Checkered Flag and Club Drive. :grin:

If you are looking for pain, then sure, okay. :)

Well, I managed a game--took me about an hour's worth of time. Aaaand... I got stuck where I usually do (level 64). I had the sound off while playing this one, so the electric guys were especially difficult to predict (normally I go by their sound cues).

post-24675-0-73997000-1337573292_thumb.png

tempest.JPG

played two games in a row.. first one was ass... my strategy was to play the bonus rounds for points, but intentionally fail to complete them so I don't warp. the 20,000 point bonus is shit, because you can get that in like 2 levels easy.

I was REALLY trying to get 1million points in this game.. so i'm pretty disappointed..

played two games in a row.. first one was ass... my strategy was to play the bonus rounds for points, but intentionally fail to complete them so I don't warp. the 20,000 point bonus is shit, because you can get that in like 2 levels easy.

Nice one!

I am about to give it another shot right now. Not really so much for the HSC (if my score is better I will still submit it), but more so for seeing if I can finally get past the point I normally get stuck at. I recall the later stages aren't as tough as the 60-somethings, so I want to see if I am even capable of doing a longplay of this game (does one even exist yet?).

I am going to do what you mentioned as well--play through most of the bonus stages, then purposely fail. :)

Alll riiight.. Let's do this!!

*edit: there's a slight possibility I might let this round drag out longer. Seeing as it's the last round, I don't see a problem with it. Let me know if any of you feel otherwise.

Edited by Austin

Well, I did what you suggested and purposely failed at each bonus stage.

However, the game rocked me again at level 64. Probably had about 20 lives by the time I got there. Wasn't able to progress any farther, although my score is a decent bit higher than before.

post-24675-0-47944700-1337586248_thumb.png

One thing I meant to note, is if you play extremely precise and make a serious effort to get every single power-up that comes, you should be able to get to a bonus stage every three levels. Since the power-ups seem to appear after a set number of enemies and objects are destroyed, what I adopted on this last playthrough is to wait for the enemies to shoot, so I not only destroy the enemy, but their bullets as well (destroying bullets also counts towards making power-ups appear). This makes it much more likely that you will make enough power-ups appear to get the warp icon. Since there are a limited amount of enemies per stage, if you mow down enemies too quickly, there's a better chance that you won't get the warp icon. Even the spikes--I make an effort to destroy them all the way, because again, that counts towards making the power-ups appear (plus they give you points, hehe :)).

@Jagman--Wow, my score on the Jaguar Top 50 is over 4 million. I wonder how I accomplished that, haha (did I do beastly mode?). Then again, it's been over a decade since I managed (or even bothered) to try and finish this game. Maybe you get loads of points on those later stages.

One thing I meant to note, is if you play extremely precise and make a serious effort to get every single power-up that comes, you should be able to get to a bonus stage every three levels. Since the power-ups seem to appear after a set number of enemies and objects are destroyed, what I adopted on this last playthrough is to wait for the enemies to shoot, so I not only destroy the enemy, but their bullets as well (destroying bullets also counts towards making power-ups appear). This makes it much more likely that you will make enough power-ups appear to get the warp icon. Since there are a limited amount of enemies per stage, if you mow down enemies too quickly, there's a better chance that you won't get the warp icon. Even the spikes--I make an effort to destroy them all the way, because again, that counts towards making the power-ups appear (plus they give you points, hehe :)).

I noticed that if the power ups are coming and I keep shooting they get destroyed. I panic and have a hard time waiting for them when I see more things coming up that I have to shoot. I got to play it some more and try a different strategy and see if I can hit 200,000 points. :thumbsup:

as long as people are still playing, I don't see why this can't go on longer.. i'll probably give it another go later tonight and maybe tomorrow.

Yeah, I might try again during the week. It's just a matter of getting past level 64 for me. :|