IGNORED

Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection coming to Wii

Rev

Cool, Another Compilation game being released.....Its been a while. It seems that hardly any compilation games came out this Wii/Ps3/360 generation. I think the Wii had the most compilation games released of the 3 systems. Ps2 has a ton!

And hey, Kirby games are cool!! Not the hardest, but most are side scrolling. :)

http://wiiugo.com/nintendo-to-celebrate-kirbys-anniversary-with-wii-collection/

• Like 1

"Angry Kirby" refers to the tendency of NoA toward editing Kirby boxart.

Japanese boxart usually features Kirby with a happy face. North American releases often feature the exact same box art, but Kirby has been given a mad face instead. Apparently giving a Kirby a mad face boosts sales with bros or something. Fuck, I don't know.

• Like 2

Hopefully Nintendo will prepare this compilation with the same TLC that they gave Super Mario All*Stars for the Wii.

/sarcasm

and Metroid! Boy, what a sweet compilation that was!

/more dripping sarcasm

• Like 1

You know, if Nintendo wanted to do a compilation right, I'd say they could release a Wii disc with every Mario, Zelda, and Metroid (Adding Kirby and DK would be nice too) from the NES+SNES+N64 eras. No extras, just every damn game. I wouldn't even expect that to be cheap, either... they could charge $60-$70 and I'd still think I was at least getting a square deal.

I don't expect tons of extras, nor do I expect to pay thrift store prices. Just... why not use the capactiy of the disc to your advantage?

• Like 2

I somehow lost/misplaced my cart version so the Wii release of All*Star's was perfect for me. Four great Mario games that give me hours and hours and hours of enjoyment for $30. (The inclusion of a soundtrack & art book were nice bonus's).

Metroid Trilogy was another awesome purchase: three great Metroid games with Wii controls, steel-bookcase, and art book for $50.

The only Kirby games I own are Epic Yarn and Dreamland so anything included on the Kirby compilation beyond those two games will be a welcome addition in my house.

I have absolutely no complaints with Nintendo compilations.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon
  • Like 1

If only they'd release the Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary Collection in the US....

Agreed 100%. I'd love to have this compilation.

I considered importing it but being unable to read/understand the language is a stumbling block for me. I was able to play and enjoy several Saturn RPG import's.... Shining Force series, Dungeon Master, Dragon Force 2, etc..... with the help of web based guides but I'm not sure if there is any online help for DQ.

Mendon

If only they'd release the Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary Collection in the US....

Agreed 100%. I'd love to have this compilation.

I considered importing it but being unable to read/understand the language is a stumbling block for me. I was able to play and enjoy several Saturn RPG import's.... Shining Force series, Dungeon Master, Dragon Force 2, etc..... with the help of web based guides but I'm not sure if there is any online help for DQ.

Mendon

You're better off playing the fan translated roms on a modded Wii. My understanding is that these are simply the original SNES games (well remakes) running on an emulator anyway.

I wonder which games are going to be on there. There's a LOT of Kirby out there...

Also, I would say I hate being anal, but that would be a lie:

All Nintendo consoles since his debut (except for the 3DS) have had a Kirby game...

Virtual Boy didn't have any Kirby, but 3DS does have VC Kirby.

Metroid Prime Trilogy was fucking awesome, but Nintendo yanked it from the shelves a few months later, and now I'll never own it cause I don't want to pay a kazillion dollars for it on eeechBay.

Super Mario All-Stars was a great game in it's time, and one of the greatest compilations ever released... for the SNES. The games are every bit as fun today, but burning the ROM to a disc and re-issuing it for a Wii is plain lazy, no matter how nice a booklet comes with it.

It's all enough to make Kirby rather... angry.

• Like 4

Probably just a bundle of ROMs, emulated... :thumbsdown:

Yeah, probably right, but that wont stop me from getting it, I like Kirby and My kids want to get the collection too. Im missing the Nes and Snes kirby games, these are most likely to be in the compilation.

And yeah, Metroid Trilogy was and still is awesome, I played Metroid Prime a few weeks ago, and The graphics and gameplay are still great IMO.

• 1 month later...

Game list was announced the other day. Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Dreamland 1-3, Kirby's Superstar, and Kirby 64. Also has an on disc history section. Should be a far more satisfying release than Super Mario All-Stars was.

Looking forward to checking out the three Dreamland games. Never played any of them.

Edited by Atariboy