IGNORED

The 2012 Atari 2600 collector Hall of Fame vote

homerwannabee

Okay, I have been slack again this year in getting this started. It was only when someone asked me about it that I decided to act up on it. So for those new to the process here is how it works. You are allowed up to 10 choices for the collector Hall of Fame. Anyone person with over 75 percent of the vote will be inducted. If no one gets 75 percent of the vote, than the person with the most votes will become inducted. If we have a tie, than the person who reached that total of votes first will be inducted. I would also encourage anyone to take a gander at Show Us Your Collection forum to get a good idea of who to vote for.

http://www.atariage....our-collection/

Here are the list of former inductees.

Marco 2006

CPUWIZ 2007

Rick Weis 2008

Iwan-Iwanowitsh-goratshin 2009

Wonder007 2010

Marc Oberhauser 2011

Edited by homerwannabee

Argh, I have built up a pretty awesome collection, but the majority is all boxed up so I could make room for my new baby. I can post some old pictures of it all displayed as it was ~1 year ago in that thread. I have continued to collect for it as well. Filling in holes and getting all the homebrews that come out for it. I love supporting the 2600 scene!

Damn!!! It's threads like these that make you realise how quickly a year has gone by! :)

I was hoping to crack 200 V-cases before this.

Can't think of 10 serious contenders to match the level of previous winners, but here's 3 that I think do:

1. Schitti, although many might not know it, he has a collection that would put us all to shame... he is just too modest.

2. Dino, a collection full of things you'd expect to find in a chest burried 10 feet down on a desert island.

3. Rom Hunter, well due for an honorary induction based on his 'virtual' collection and invaluable knowledge shared with the AA community.

I thought Jahfish had won it also?

If not he definitely should be up there too.

4. Jahfish - king of consoles

Edited by nofrills100

I agree with nofrills100, Schitti...he sold me some great stuff, Dino...always helping out, extra merit: Rom Hunter, a HUUUGE contributer to the Atari community.

The last two wins it was quite the opposite, don't need that nowadays.

I'm confused. Is this vote for collectors, contributors, or both? I thought it's for collector of the year.

I agree with nofrills100, Schitti...he sold me some great stuff, Dino...always helping out, extra merit: Rom Hunter, a HUUUGE contributer to the Atari community.

I'm confused. Is this vote for collectors, contributors, or both? I thought it's for collector of the year.

Yeah, really, Rom Hunter? WTF? Might as well vote for Joe Cody.

My votes:

ianoid

Dino

swlovinist

bfstats

P.S. If Rom Hunter wins, you can remove my slot and randomly assign it to someone else, like Mickey Mouse or something.

• Like 1

that's how it started..... now it's anyone

Rick

Yeah, really, Rom Hunter? WTF? Might as well vote for Joe Cody.

My votes:

ianoid

Dino

swlovinist

bfstats

P.S. If Rom Hunter wins, you can remove my slot and randomly assign it to someone else, like Mickey Mouse or something.

Thanks.

8)

the vote is called "Atari 2600 collector Hall of Fame"

everybody is crying about the rules of the vote. it is unimportant what exactly (Atari 2600 related) you collect.

loose games

boxed games

protos

hardware

rom files

patches

flyers

ecetera

in my eyes is a collection the sum of some or all parts.

Who will determine, if someone can only be voted, if he is collecting only in one certain categorie.

so my votes goes to the following people in alphabetical order:

Dino

nofrills100

r_type2600

Rom Hunter

cmon guys we dont speak here about sellers, resellers, traders, donators of scans, friends, good guys, bad guys ............

Edited by Schitti
  • Like 2

well said ^

by the way homer - what's the cut off date for voting?

From years past I usually wait until the thread has died down, and no one has voted in a few days. As far as qualifications of who to vote for, as in years past I have said that I leave that up to the voter. This is a direct democracy, and so far the majority/plurality has made some really excellent decisions on who should be in the Hall of Fame. I hope that clarifies things. :)