IGNORED

Work In Progress: "Bentley Bear: Crystal Quest"

PacManPlus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What's the status of the project? Haven't seen anything in a while.

If carts are ready to be ordered, I'd like to be put on the list.

The game is completed. There is a 3 reasons why the game isn't on cartridge yet.

1.) The size of the game is an issue right since the biggest Cartridge size currently available is 48K for the Atari 7800 without any testing.

2.) Bigger game rom cartridge boards is being tested right with Bentley Bear, but isn't ready for making cartridges of the game yet I think.

3.) The sound chip Bentley Bear doesn't use the sound chip found on a stock Atari 7800. That means it needs the Atari 7800 XM or a sound chip built inside a game cartridge. The Atari 7800 XM isn't ready and the cartridges with the ability to add a sound chip isn't ready yet either.

Edited by 8th lutz

The new 1.0.2-Experimental build of the multi-system emulator OpenEmu now has 7800 support, so I can finally play Bentley Bear :D

OpenEmu's for the Mac. Here it is running on the Mac mini that drives my HDTV:

post-3056-0-92148500-1394660051_thumb.jpg

I've got a couple Playstation 3 controllers paired with it via bluetooth, works well for the games. Now to figure out how to play, I keep getting killed at this point (granted I only tried a couple rounds).

post-3056-0-89631000-1394660058_thumb.jpg

OpenEmu hasn't been out long, but I'm quite impressed with what they've done so far. I know there's a build of MESS for the Mac, but I gave up trying it get it to work (I've always considered MESS to be very appropriately named).

• Like 3

Figured it out last night when I noticed Bentley would slightly speed up when I was rapid-firing. Stayed up late and made it to Level 1 Round 3 when I decided I'd best be off to bed. I'm paying for it this morning :yawn:

SMB = Super Mario Brothers? If so, I bet that explains why I could never get very high on that damn flag at the end of the level. Never had an NES, though I have tried playing the game a few times via emulation.

• Like 1