IGNORED

2600Gurus ScoreClub: Round 01 "Video Pinball"

2600Guru

Hey guys, I'm starting a friendly competition. If you don't have the game you can play the computer version. Just make sure it's the same as the rest of us play.

Rules

1. When you are done post your score, pictures would be great but they are not required.

2. No unnecessary posts (Fighting, double posts, spamming, etc.)

3. Once you enter a score you can not try for a higher one and then post it.

4. Go by the time duration of the posts.

5. Feel free to make some recommendations of the titles we will play in the future.

6. Play fair & have fun!

Game: Video Pinball

Game Select #: 01

Difficulty: A on the left switch

Time Duration: Now to July 3rd.

Edited by 2600Guru

Sure you can make your own. I was simply asking what the difference was - that's all.

Since there is no difference, I guess I'll keep following the original threads.

Wait, if I wanted to go in the original threads which one do I go to and where do I begin?

Well I'm an AA new member as the op but I'm going to expose my humble opinion.

I think we have 2 things to consider

1) Yes, we want to compete in Atari 2600 contests here, and everyone is welcome.

2) We are playing in the High Score Club so it's wise to keep everyone together as a genuine club.

For the second reason, I'd say we shouldn't create many tournaments in the HSC. Especially when there is a current tournament going on...

Now there is a Kaboom! contest in the main 2600 forum. It is a one game contest and I think putting it in the main 2600 was good to avoid confusion.

We also have currently the Harmony Games going on, next month we'll be in the last round. I think it's a special tounament that takes 3 months and is played first online and then in the VGS.

It's very different from the HSC and don't bring confusion to HSC tournaments.

Finally to clear things: after the last regular/normal HSC, Season 9, we played a new tournament format, the Knock Out Tournament which envolves all the AA platforms in a big tournament. The final with the champion of which platform didn't start yet.

IMHO, while we wait for another HSC 2600 Season, we could play in the Harmony Games or in single game contests in the main 2600 as we see in the Kaboom Gentlemen's contest.

OR, if we want a tournament with some rounds in the HSC before next Season as the op proposes, we should ask the moderator:JacobZu7zu7.

He actually created many HSC Games while Ze__ro was absent, i.e., after a normal HSC Tournament and before starting the Knock Out.

Well That's only my modest opinion to keep the HSC format as better as possible.

I really appreciate 2600Guru's iniciative :thumbsup: , just think we can do even better when we're together.

I'll play anything...but I see no sense in joining in the Harmony round because it is too long and drawn out and only serves to advance to the Harmony championship...but I thought a new HSC round would be going on now along with the Harmony round for us non-Harmony people to play...

I'm confused...but that's my natural state....

oh, and no offense, but this Video Pinball game seems kind of boring...the ball bounces around a lot with little interaction from the player.

Edited by jblenkle

I think this is a great! Since zero been gone for ever, i dont see why anyone should ask anyones permission to start something like this. I dont feel like playing kaboom for the 3333000330003 time, so i wont. I do feel like playing a game of videopinball, so thanx 2600guru.

Vaughan:

What´s your problem?

I think this is a great! Since zero been gone for ever, i dont see why anyone should ask anyones permission to start something like this. I dont feel like playing kaboom for the 3333000330003 time, so i wont. I do feel like playing a game of videopinball, so thanx 2600guru.

Vaughan:

What´s your problem?

Alright Thanks! Some cooperation. When your done post your score. If you can post a picture but I'll accept it either way.

What´s your problem?

Vaughan:

What´s your problem?

What's MY problem? I simply asked a question, and you over-reacted. Not so sure that's MY problem. :)

I'll play anything...but I see no sense in joining in the Harmony round because it is too long and drawn out and only serves to advance to the Harmony championship...but I thought a new HSC round would be going on now along with the Harmony round for us non-Harmony people to play...

I'm confused...but that's my natural state....

oh, and no offense, but this Video Pinball game seems kind of boring...the ball bounces around a lot with little interaction from the player.

It really isn't but feel free to make some suggestions for the next round.

Thank you to all those viewing and participating!

1. Scrabbler15: 136,827

2. pis: 76,850

3. 2600Guru: 33,214

4. RoadRunner: 28,820

That's the score board so far nice job everyone, tomorrow is the deadline so hurry up and turn your game on :arrow:! A new round will start today, but this round ends tomorrow. Please remember to feel free to make suggestions!

We had this game when it was first released and I got to be an expert at it. Now, three decades later, I've regressed to just being pretty good at it. :) It has been pretty fun to play it, again, though.

Yeah, bro! You whooped ass! I haven't had the 2600 for that long but I love it! WIll you compete in the round 2 with "Super Breakout"?