Eww, it's like that awful scene from Gunstar Super Heroes, except it never ends! AUUUUUUGH! (jumps out the window)
Anyway. I don't think I'm going to be spending much time with this one. However, I do have a few tips for this:
* In the overhead scenes, your helicopter is HUGE and an easy target for the fleets of aircraft that flow out from the top of the screen. Stay at the bottom to give yourself enough time to dodge their attacks.
* From what I've seen, there seems to be set patterns for the ship formations. Learn them so you can take out the helicopters as they appear.
* You can only fire one bomb at a time. Launch one the MOMENT you see a tank on the top of the screen, to give yourself enough time to take out the other three or four.
* In the first-person scenes, you've got a lot more bombs at your disposal. The moment you see tanks on the ground, pump that bomb button to clear a path through the tanks on the ground.
* Tanks are your worst enemy in the first-person scenes, spitting out dozens of bullets. Flying in a wide circular motion helps shake their lock, but it isn't guaranteed to keep you alive.
* After playing Thunder Blade, play a better Master System game to wash the nasty taste out of your mouth.