IGNORED

Any tips for removing battery cover on a Lynx II?

goldenegg

I have a Lynx model 2 and have always had one hell of a time changing batteries. The worst part is getting the battery cover off, as there's barely any give in the cover when batteries are inserted. Removing the batteries themselves isn't bad, as long as I have a guitar pick on hand to pry out the middle batteries.

Anyone have any tips on removing the battery cover? I've just been playing without the battery cover, but I'd prefer to have it on.

I had the same problem with the Lynx 2 I had as a kid, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's very easy to remove the cover when no batteries are inserted. It's when there are batteries in the unit where it becomes difficult. It's obviously not impossible to open, otherwise I'd never be able to swap batteries, but it takes quite a bit of effort.

You could put a ribbon under the middle batteries - like some devices already have, normally attached to battery compartment. Ive always found batteries hard to change on Lynx.

Whilst we are on the subject of batteries.... Omg gamegears suck more than lynx did regards batteries... Ive found that the gamegear simply will not work on nimh batteries when the Lynx is quite happy for 4 plus hours. I can only assume that the gamegear cannot handle the voltage drop over alkalines.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to necro an old threat but I was searching for a solution to this and then I figured it out so I thought I would share for future reference.

2igioas.jpg

Push down just below the clip and it comes off super easy, best to do it with your thumb

fe31pl.jpg

ic7ds8.jpg

I hope it's still of use to someone

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Sorry to necro an old threat but I was searching for a solution to this and then I figured it out so I thought I would share for future reference.

2igioas.jpg

Push down just below the clip and it comes off super easy, best to do it with your thumb

fe31pl.jpg

ic7ds8.jpg

I hope it's still of use to someone

I was struggling to get the back off of mine..... That was until i used this tip!