IGNORED

HSC9 Round 12: Keystone Kapers; Law 'n' Disorder!

Hello all, it is my first time here in high score contest. Is it allowed to play in Altirra with arrow keys instead of real joystick? I have one with USB connection, but I didn't find it yet. Anyway, my current high score is 57700.

post-7301-0-21524800-1344383908_thumb.png

Edited by Gury
  • Like 1

Hello all, it is my first time here in high score contest. Is it allowed to play in Altirra with arrow keys instead of real joystick? I have one with USB connection, but I didn't find it yet. Anyway, my current high score is 57700.

Hi Gury and welcome to the High Score Club :thumbsup:

Yes any emulator is fine, if you want help getting the joystick working just post what you have and I'm sure someone will help you get up and running :)

2500010 - knocked out by a ball in the face GRRR!!!

May pull another run and see if I can tie scalak, but it's a LONG time to get that far.

take it that's 250K :D

KK 344100

Boy you guys are kicking my butt :-o goodbye the big Scalak catch-up :twisted:

OK, anyone want to share the secret of getting by the planes when they start moving impossibly fast?

There's no real secret you just gotta be quick. It helps to get the pattern of the screens so you know when to expect them

Keep running, duck for a tad and then go again; always need 2 ducks for a plane so 2nd duck is about the end pillar/scenery few cms from the edge - best be safe. On mega fast planes it's 3 ducks or more ;)

Bonus games

Cops N Robbers 5,050

Daylight Robbery 0

This game sucks, i feel robbed having played this one.

Getaway 500

Law Keeper 13,143 lowlife

3 of these games weren't bad, i'm glad i played them.

Like meatloaf says 3 outtaaa 4 aint baaaad :D

New tables in a mo...

post-19705-0-40590400-1344549667.jpg

New score for Cops N Robbers 8,700

I couldn't figure out how to open the safe, and the "out" in the screenshot below was blocked by something.

think that's a key hole - the key is in the Morgue but don't know how you get it?!!

When I opened the safe I just rotated each number units then tens then 100s luckily I started at 999 and it was 900+ so thank you very much (no idea what that graphic was I picked up (see earlier screenshot))? There's probably a proper way of getting the code but I was hoping the stick of TNT would come in useful here... bet someone out there knows how to beat this game ;)

1. Go to Mine - get TNT and shot them (place where he lay) - you have KEY

2. Go to 3th floor - open door - enter to service level

copssl.png

3. go to C sign :) ... - get code - back :)

4. go to 2nd floor open safe - get torch

5. you will be able to shine in the basement (Mine or route from 1st floor)

good luck

when you "will go" to jail - you can rescue player from Police

dr50.pnggate3920.png

copsslr.png

Edited by Scalak
  • Like 1

Hey Dryerlint :thumbsup:

Had a few goes on Law Keeper, decent game. Gets tough on level 4 when "Chomp" makes big holes in your walls! Scored 54,115 and reaced level 6 "Deputy Level" where I think he rounds up guys and puts them in the corner cells... (If you toggle the difficuly it starts on this level but no practising allowed ;) ). Looks like a bonus appears after grabbing each baddie but if you get hit by the balls (ouch) the bonus is lost. You can press space to toggle build or erase walls I guess use this to let the balls out perhaps?

Daylight Robbery got across to the top left and tried heading back to the start (failed), but collected a couple of numbers from the floor and somehow scored an extra 50pts... score 100 :-o

Scalak thanks for the info on Cops 'n' Robbers :thumbsup:

post-19705-0-42391900-1344639914.jpg

post-19705-0-15359400-1344639949.jpg

post-19705-0-70410900-1344639954.jpg

post-19705-0-76167600-1344639968.jpg

post-19705-0-28599800-1344639976.jpg

Lawkeeper - 14647

Weird game!

eh?! the long arm of the law grabbing criminals or perhaps it's the giant teeth or walking head :-o ok it's a little weird :D There's no info on atarimania so if anyone knows anything about Law Keeper do tell ;)

Had another go on KK, I'm getting worse... then spent too long playing Cops 'n' Robbers 15,450 the game would be much more fun if it wasn't so difficult (the enemy logic) better still had some difficulty progression. For a budget game it's not bad though, at least it is a challenge... I'm guessing it has an end and there's a fixed maximum score possible :ponder:

Also had a crack on Guard (Polish Games Round) to try and beat my score, failed :twisted:

post-19705-0-91572700-1344761322.jpg

Daylight robbery - 200

This is a difficult little game

Change little to your favourite expletive and you have it! You're not going to take that HSC record so easily :grin:

Played Fatum again; noticed you played this - if you get some of the power ups it's a decent game (press Option to turn SFX on) use left shift to toggle weapon - press it within a second of dieing and you can save the current weapon - careful not to buy stuff as you enter the shop by holding down fire.

Also been playing Galaxian 27,850, my old score was 27,390 :roll: I needed 28,320 to catch the next player in the table. We'll make it 1pt for anyone beating their previous score in a game folks (plus any improvement places) ;)

post-19705-0-69153600-1344788940.jpg

Also liking Law Keeper... a lot. Got to level 6 the Deputy Level again looks like you die if you try and grab the last guy; I'm wondering if you can release the ones he has bagged in the corners somehow - or perhaps they escape after a while? or perhaps the spacebar wall erase feature comes into play here??? 71,737

post-19705-0-49163700-1344789234.jpg

Taking inspiration from Law Keeper I've tried to round up a few HSC players who have gone AWOL C'mon Guys ;-)

Daylight robbery - 200

This is a difficult little game

Change little to your favourite expletive and you have it! You're not going to take that HSC record so easily :grin:

Played Fatum again; noticed you played this - if you get some of the power ups it's a decent game (press Option to turn SFX on) use left shift to toggle weapon - press it within a second of dieing and you can save the current weapon - careful not to buy stuff as you enter the shop by holding down fire.

Also been playing Galaxian 27,850, my old score was 27,390 :roll: I needed 28,320 to catch the next player in the table. We'll make it 1pt for anyone beating their previous score in a game folks (plus any improvement places) ;)

post-19705-0-69153600-1344788940.jpg

Also liking Law Keeper... a lot. Got to level 6 the Deputy Level again looks like you die if you try and grab the last guy; I'm wondering if you can release the ones he has bagged in the corners somehow - or perhaps they escape after a while? or perhaps the spacebar wall erase feature comes into play here??? 71,737

post-19705-0-49163700-1344789234.jpg

Taking inspiration from Law Keeper I've tried to round up a few HSC players who have gone AWOL C'mon Guys ;-)

Ok cheers I might give Fatum another chance I wasn't really sure what I was doing the first time.