IGNORED

PC-FX Homebrew

I was playing my PC FX today and realized that the only games I COULD play were Chip Chan Kick and Last Imperial Prince. I heard that Frog Feast is or may soon be in development but I already have it on Jag CD and Neo Geo CD. Is there maybe anything else going on?

You're going to be hard pressed to find someone who is really into the PC-FX here, this is more of classical forum (not to mention knowledgeable about PC-FX homebrews). I suggest going over to PC-FX world for that sort of info: http://www.pcenginefx.com/PC-FX/

Also, patience is a virtue. No need to bump your posts daily. If no one responded it's probably because they had nothing to say.

No. There's not much of anything.

None of the PCE developers are actively doing any PCFX development, and we're probably the best people for the job, all things considered.

I've got the official dev kit, and the unofficial library that sort-of works.

It's not worth the time investment and effort, so I passed on it to continue doing PCE instead.

I got In some trouble here on the forums for talking bout making copies so I suggest not doing it. I think you can though. I prefer getting the real thing anyways. Chip chan kick is like 80-90 bucks and zenki is around 250. And by the way there isnsome fx homebrew in japan with the pc fx ga but I believe that can't work on a normal pc fx. Bummer. But I was able to find a non playable "demo" of frog feast, pretty much just a picture of the title screen that you can download and burn. At least it shows that some progress has been made. Frog feast fx was supposed to be released along with 3do and nuon ports on August 19 2010 though so its still disappointing. I wonder if you could play vcds on pc fx. Maybe I'll go try it out.

I can't find my vcds but it seems that pc fx does play vcd without any modifications or add ons. Not surprising because of its amazing fmv capabilities. I wonder if Aaron Nanto would sell his pc fx film on vcd so you can view it on an actual pc fx. Maybe I'll see if I could contact him.

I got In some trouble here on the forums for talking bout making copies so I suggest not doing it.

You can talk about making copies and backups and whatnot, but just don't provide links to iso's or roms. Especially not ones that people are selling.

• Like 1

I got In some trouble here on the forums for talking bout making copies so I suggest not doing it.

You can talk about making copies and backups and whatnot, but just don't provide links to iso's or roms. Especially not ones that people are selling.

So you can talk about it? I just asked before. I guess I'll have to look at those parts of the rules more closely. Getting back on topic, I want to do what I can to get some fx homebrew going outside of Japan, but I have very little knowledge of making a homebrew game(although I probably could make a simple one if I had the proper tools) but I don't have any fx homebrew tools. I'd like some sort of space shooter on the fx, so I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a link to download fx programming software or if your willing to do it that would be better cause I'll I'd really be able to do is probably make some blocky space invaders clone or something. If you need some money for the project I could donate PayPal if possible.

Edited by JagLynx