Photo

EMR II - Evil Magician Returns upgraded to DPC+!

Adventure Sequel

137 replies to this topic

#126 iesposta OFFLINE  

iesposta

River Patroller

• 3,402 posts
  • Retro-gaming w/my VCS

Posted Mon Nov 7, 2016 9:16 PM

Use this version of DPCplus.arm in your include folder so it will not crash the Harmony Encore loading:

Attached File  DPCplus.arm.zip   1.59KB   54 downloads

#127 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,271 posts

Posted Mon Nov 7, 2016 9:32 PM

While I was in there, I also fixed a bug where the red wizard would become immortal on Level 1.

Enjoy!

attachicon.gifEMRII31.bin

attachicon.gifEMRIImanual.pdf

Ugh , and I had noticed that once and yet I must of forgotten to try it again ! Maybe Al could get the newest .bin and release it on cart  :grin:   On one of the threads he mentioned that it would be on cart this year . 

#128 Byte Knight OFFLINE  

Byte Knight

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,038 posts
  • Robinett Rules!

Posted Mon Nov 7, 2016 9:53 PM

Use this version of DPCplus.arm in your include folder so it will not crash the Harmony Encore loading:

attachicon.gifDPCplus.arm.zip

Thanks, I guess I've been out of it too long...  The roms in post #1 and #125 have been updated.

#129 Byte Knight OFFLINE  

Byte Knight

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,038 posts
  • Robinett Rules!

Posted Mon Nov 7, 2016 9:59 PM

Ugh , and I had noticed that once and yet I must of forgotten to try it again ! Maybe Al could get the newest .bin and release it on cart  :grin:   On one of the threads he mentioned that it would be on cart this year . 

Yes, I'm surprised that one slipped through your extensive testing.  The bug was a leftover from the earlier versions where it only took one shot to kill the red wizard in Level 1.

#130 SpiceWare ONLINE  

SpiceWare

Draconian

• 11,580 posts
  • Medieval Mayhem

Posted Tue Nov 8, 2016 9:40 AM

This looks great, but in Stella at least, it has the screen bouncing issue that I've seen before with some other DPC+ demos.  Setting the cartridge type t DPC+ manually in Stella didn't help, either.  Does this not happen on an actual Atari?

I added that jitter support to Stella as documented in this blog entry - Overscan Jitter 2, DPC+ Jitter, which was done due to this topic Game test on Harmony Cart(pertinent info in replies 5 and 11). 

There have been a number of revisions to DPC+ over the years, and based on EMR II the earlier version must not have had this issue - though based on how the fractional data fetchers work, I don't know why not.  There's no version info in the DPC+ driver, so no easy way for Stella to behave differently for different versions of DPC+.

#131 Byte Knight OFFLINE  

Byte Knight

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,038 posts
  • Robinett Rules!

Posted Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:34 AM

So it turns out that adding one bit that I thought was unused caused the bat to disappear and the dragon to appear too early.  The rom has once again been updated in the first post...

#132 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,271 posts

Posted Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:24 AM

Looks like I will be testing this game again. Any word from Al about a cart release Todd ?

#133 Byte Knight OFFLINE  

Byte Knight

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,038 posts
  • Robinett Rules!

Posted Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:45 AM

Looks like I will be testing this game again. Any word from Al about a cart release Todd ?

Please do.  Al's still trying to find someone to do the art for the cart, box, and manual.

#134 MrBeefy OFFLINE  

MrBeefy

Dragonstomper

• 586 posts

Posted Fri May 19, 2017 4:22 PM

This still hasn't made it to cart has it?

#135 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,271 posts

Posted Fri May 19, 2017 4:34 PM

This still hasn't made it to cart has it?

Nope  :_(

#136 MrBeefy OFFLINE  

MrBeefy

Dragonstomper

• 586 posts

Posted Fri May 19, 2017 7:03 PM

Nope  :_(

Been playing EMR for past day. Was hoping the sequel made it to the next AA sale.

#137 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,271 posts

Posted Fri May 19, 2017 7:52 PM

I think there was supposed to be a label contest for it . And then I would guess the manual needs to be finished . This is all speculation , but I think this game is long overdue  :grin:

#138 bradhig1 OFFLINE  

bradhig1

Dragonstomper

• 630 posts

Posted Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:57 PM

I would buy a cart.   Been playing this on my Harmony

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users