IGNORED

Old school platformer comes to the jag

GroovyBee

Grab samples of the 8bit effects for full on authentic sound?

That'd work for some of the effects. The falling sound changes pitch the greater the height that you fall. So I'll have to think about that one.

I'd assume it's a simple wave? if so, generate one of same pitch etc or sample the original one at a fixed pitch.. loop it, and then adjust the playback frequency as the fall occurs :D You can change the pitch with a SE command on a per channel basis. Alas probably perfect thing for synthesized sounds, alas not got around to working on those yet so nothing in my engine for them atm :(

also high score save on eeprom would be nice :)

I hadn't really thought about that. I'll add it to the list of things to do at the end.

I have been considering having the facility to save on a Skunk, have the game load and save a highscore/save file via the skunkFILEWRITE stuff (or similar), so skunk users can save (and share) their high score tables etc. (with appropriate anti cheating scumbag protection in the file obviously :D )

• Like 2

I have been considering having the facility to save on a Skunk, have the game load and save a highscore/save file via the skunkFILEWRITE stuff (or similar), so skunk users can save (and share) their high score tables etc. (with appropriate anti cheating scumbag protection in the file obviously :D )

Maybe just create some sort of "web code" output instead of a name and score.

• Like 1

Yeah I've thought of that and proposed it to the guys, but with about 300 skunkboards out in the wild and the bit hacky nature of the thing (I know people still having some difficulties with running jcp at all), we never did it. Although codewise it's really easy to implement.

Maybe just create some sort of "web code" output instead of a name and score.

Done and now an internal part of Raptor. And also done a server side script that can decode the web codes and add them to a database. Ask us if you're interested!.

(and yes, before anyone beats me to the joke, no, the server side script does NOT run on a Jaguar :P. That can change if anyone can port a scripting language like PHP and have a means with communicating with the server. Or maybe implementing a TCP/IP stack and ethernet solution (hell, even null modem could work!). Anyone willing to offer $500 for the development of that? :P)

• Like 5

Ye gads that thing gets everywhere! :D :D Thanks for using it, hope it serves you well squire!

The sound engine does a damn fine job and it is also easy to set up and use too. Plus it has saved me a ton of development work which means I get to concentrate on completing the core game code.

• Like 1

Yeah I've thought of that and proposed it to the guys, but with about 300 skunkboards out in the wild and the bit hacky nature of the thing (I know people still having some difficulties with running jcp at all), we never did it. Although codewise it's really easy to implement.

Have you guys tried ironing whatever problems you were having using jcp with Tursi and Kskunk?

Done and now an internal part of Raptor.

:lol: If RAPTOR gets any more complex it'll write your game while you sit back and watch.

RAPTOR will also manage a sorted top 10 score list, and autowrite it to either nothing, EEPROM, or MemoryTrack, depending on what is available. Oh, and of course, generate a Webcode for you ;)

• Like 6