IGNORED

OS source code - all revisions

Kr0tki

• 2 weeks later...

Finally we found what had happend. FTP had performed a code page translation on the bytes >128 because it was not set to BINARY when Kevin restored his site some time back from a backup.

post-17404-0-16778600-1537328296.png

The file on Kevin's site is fixed now and so is the check sum in the AtariRomChecker.

• Like 5

New release! The main change is I took Atari_Ace's advice from last year, and incorporated the Floating Point Package's source listing from "The Atari BASIC Source Book" into the archive.

As usual, remove the .txt extension from the filename, then unpack with 7-zip, and see Changelog and README for details.

a8-os-rom-2018-09-23.7z.txt

• Like 5

New release! The main change is I took Atari_Ace's advice from last year, and incorporated the Floating Point Package's source listing from "The Atari BASIC Source Book" into the archive.

Just went the the diffs to 2017. Man you really put a lot a effort in the getting every details right. Awesome job!

• Like 1

Thanks to all for the kind words. Though more kudos should be directed at the individuals who shelled out actual money to purchase both the rare Arabic and prototype machines, and the materials for scanning, and then shared them for free. Without them this endeavour would not be possible, and I would have to direct my OCD to collecting label variations or some other rubbish.

;-)

Anyway, the search for Operating System 255 continues, let's all keep fingers crossed and don't lose hope.

Something wrong with the archive? 7z doesn't do the job, 93 errors... mmmhh

Works fine on my end, too. Contact me if you still can't unpack it after re-downloading, I'll send you a zip file instead. What version of 7zip are you using, anyway?
  • Like 2

Latest version of 7zX.app for Mac is 1.7.1, which is very old indeed. But it works still. The new one for Windows, for example, can't be decoded by the 1.7.1 version of Mac. So, in the future, we have to face an alternative...

Alright... thanks for the info. I have a few 7Zip files on my site. I'll convert them and stick with ZIP, in order to keep the Mac people happy.

The majority of ZIP files on my site are less than 1MB. The rest are no more than 10MB.

The OS Source archive is only 2.5MB zipped.

I'm more concerned with compatibility and ease of use, in this case, than saving a relatively small amount of space on my web server(s).

Edited by MrFish

• 10 months later...