IGNORED

Price check on Jaguar Collection...

GaryH917

I have someone interested in my Jag collection and was wondering what the value or a good asking price for it may be. Thanks for your help!

Atari Jaguar system with 1 Controller- CIB with all the paperwork.

Alien vs. Predator- CIB/opened with shrinkwrap attached.

Defender 2000- CIB/opened with shrinkwrap attached.

Tempest 2000- CIB/opened with shrinkwrap attached.

Missile Command 3D- CIB/opened with shrinkwrap attached.

Ultra Vortek- CIB/opened with shrinkwrap attached.

Iron Soldier- CIB/opened with shrinkwrap attached.

Troy Aikman Football- CIB/opened with shrinkwrap attached.

Cybermorph- CIB/opened with shrinkwrap attached.

Ruiner Pinball- CIB/opened with shrinkwrap attached.

Pinball Fantasies- CIB/opened with shrinkwrap attached.

Cannon Fodder- CIB/opened with shrinkwrap attached, box squished.

White Men Can't Jump- CIB with Team Tap/CIB.

I'd say at least $600+. Thats a good lot. :)

I'd say $300, tops.

Thats a serious lowball and I'd be pissed at the guy offering me that for that much good Jaguar stuff.

Defender 2000 $50-60

Tempest 2000 $30

Missile Command $40?

AvP $35-50 usually

The rest of the games are each $15-25 since they are all complete, maybe more for some. All that stuff is CiB, I think the value is up. I could be over-estimating the system, but if it's in good shape CiB, then it probably fetches $200 minimum nowadays. At the minimum $500 for that lot. If the stuff was just a big pile of loose crap, then yeah $300 would look fair, but it's all complete according to the OP

I'd say at least $600+. Thats a good lot. :)

I'd say $300, tops.

Thats a serious lowball and I'd be pissed at the guy offering me that for that much good Jaguar stuff.

Not really. For lot bundles, people aren't looking to pay market value for each item. They want a deal (which $500 is not). I agree he might be able to get $400+ if he sold everything individually, but together as a bundle no one is going to want to pay that price.

I was gong to say $300 as well. I haven't been buying a lot of Jag stuff lately but I do try to keep up with what is selling and for how much. When buying a lot like that people are looking for quality and quantity. That is not a very big lot. It has good games in it but they are all easy to find except maybe Defender 2000 which is probably the gem in the lot (from a rarity pov) for any Jag regulars. If you want the most money you have to piece it out. As a lot $600 is dreaming.

BTW, if it is opened then all that matters to me is the condition of the item. It makes no difference to me at all that the opened shrinkwrap is still on the box. A shrinkwrapped box can be smashed, dented, and bumped just as easily as one without the wrap on it. The original shrinkwrap still sealed... now we're talking about something that matters. If that Jag and all of those games were in original shrinkwrap and sealed... then you could take my last paragraph and consider it null and void.

I've been rebuilding my collection over the last several months and with the exception of MC3D, Defender 2000 and AVP - all of which fetch between $35-55 - most of these titles are fairly common and go between $10-$20 CIB and in good condition. Case in point, I just bought Ultra Vortek this week for $18 new/sealed on eBay. I also bought Cannon Fodder from B&C new/sealed for $19.

As to your collection, for the 8 most common titles I'm going to give an average value of $15ea, for $120. For Tempest, I'll say $30 tops. For MC3D, D2K and AVP, I'll go an average of $50 ea., for $150. Finally, $75-100 for the system. That gives you a total value of $375-400 if sold individually.

I can't give you a price but Austin's onto something. You're much better off piecing the lot out and selling it all that way instead of a lot. Unless youre looking to sell it immediately.

Good luck on your sale.

Edited by GKC