IGNORED

Atarimax 8mb carts vs Lotharek's Iso2SD

King_Salamon

Hey everyone, thanks again for the previous help with my 130xe! Now I am checking out some options to start playing games on this unit and I've found myself drawn to the two units.

Lotharek's Iso2SD vs Atarimax's 8 mbit carts.

I'm looking for something that is user friendly and I've used the Atarimax Coleco flash cart and found it a breeze to use.

The Lotharek's device is the fully cased one and looks to be a little over $100 us which I'm ok with. The other would be around the same.

Basically I would like to run disk based software as well as carts on it. 99% of the time I will be gaming so thats the focus of my purchase.

I want to play Caverns of Khefka as well as Autoduel for example. As for cart games... Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob Strikes Back need to work as well.

Anyway, please let this noob know which is better and chime in with thoughts as I may be really off on these two devices. Thanks again!

Personally sio2sd or sdrive , much more flexibility. I do have an atarimax cart which is also cool to own, but I use sdrive/sio2sd way more.

I would say SIDE cart if they were available with any reliability :(

Edited by mimo

Read my Topic for newbies first post for hardware differences and sellers.

Anyway,

SIO2SD: you can put all existing games on a single SD cart but loading times are slower (but faster than original disk drives).

Atarimax cart: you can put a few games, you cannot load multiloading games originally on disks but loading times are very fast.

If you plan to use not so many games (originally on cart), an Atarimax cart is a good solution.

If you would like to have all existing software on an SD card buy an SIO2SD.

Edited by Philsan

Thank for the info. I did read the topic for newbies before posting but wante a little feedback from users.

I like the idea of both units but the Iso2SD seems like my answer for my gaming needs. Lotharek will be getting some business from me in the very near future.

Thanks for the info. I was a c64 kid in the 80's and the Atari computer scene to me is quite foreign but I'm getting accustomed to it (thanks to Atariager's users).

I like the idea of both units but the Iso2SD seems like my answer for my gaming needs. Lotharek will be getting some business from me in the very near future.

I have a couple of Lotharek's SIO2SD (cased units) and they are EXCELLENT!!!!

See this thread:

http://www.atariage....otharek-sio2sd/

Thanks for the info. I was a c64 kid in the 80's and the Atari computer scene to me is quite foreign but I'm getting accustomed to it (thanks to Atariager's users).

I was an Atari kid in the 80s myself, and the C64 scene is a bit foreign to me, but there's definitely a lot of "crossover fun" to be had, going either direction. Stuff like SIO2SD on the Atari or 1541 Ultimate on the C64 really make this hobby easy, fun, and quite satisfying. Lotharek's similarly-cased SD-card HxC Floppy Emulators should also be seriously considered, if you're a fan of Amiga and Atari ST computers. Like Tony the Tiger says.....

good_to_great_image.jpg