IGNORED

U1MB Rom Builder v1.0

atari8warez

I have diagnosed the issue. And indeed from $52432 .. $524FF the data in the 512KB rom that is created by the rom builder is different from the original I have been using.

This is also the location where that string is located.

Marius, try this release. I have added support for Version 1 ROM with some UI changes to complement it. If version 1 ROM is loaded, it is clearly indicated on the screen and BASIC and XEGS slots are removed from the main window. Tested on Altirra and it seems to work correctly.

I am also working on a few more enhancements.

post-15627-0-66436600-1361872032_thumb.jpg

post-15627-0-00380100-1361872103_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi a8w,

That looks great!

Not tested yet. First I have to fix my Atari (or install U1MB in another one). When I have done this I will test it for you!

ONE COMMENT:

Why not possible to flash basic? It still is possible to flash at least on 8Rom there. Not everyone wants to have basic there. Me = using an 8K assembler in that slot. So could you please add the feature to be able to flash that one?

Thanks anyway!

M.

Hi a8w,

That looks great!

Not tested yet. First I have to fix my Atari (or install U1MB in another one). When I have done this I will test it for you!

ONE COMMENT:

Why not possible to flash basic? It still is possible to flash at least on 8Rom there. Not everyone wants to have basic there. Me = using an 8K assembler in that slot. So could you please add the feature to be able to flash that one?

Thanks anyway!

M.

Ok, I wasn't sure whether I should allow that (you know that I have no official support from the makers so I have to figure everything out for myself), as there will be no indication on the U1MB setup screen as to what is on that ROM slot, but sure I can enable loading a ROM in the first BASIC slot. How about the Game Slot-1? Should that also be open for loading another game replacing Missile Command.

Hey a8w!

That is cool. I'll check it soon. In the screenshots you showed there was no room for Basic/Missile Command at all. Is that changed now? I understand (and you are right) that there is no ability to change names (that is not needed indeed) but I do understand right now that the 8K roms can be altered?

Hey a8w!

That is cool. I'll check it soon. In the screenshots you showed there was no room for Basic/Missile Command at all. Is that changed now? I understand (and you are right) that there is no ability to change names (that is not needed indeed) but I do understand right now that the 8K roms can be altered?

Well all the slots are still physically there on the screen ;), only when the loaded ROM is v.1 I am hiding slots 2-3-4. If you load a v.2 ROM you will see all 4 slots for BASIC and GAMES with their descriptions. Like in the following picture:

post-15627-0-50504000-1361992344_thumb.jpg

Now, if you load a v.1 ROM and click on Slot 1 of BASIC ROM, the program will allow you to load a new file but you won't be able to enter a description for it.

I've just seen the other officially supported utility use 'Atari Basic Rev C' as the default description for this slot, and it also allows you to load a ROM to that slot. So if you load your SynAssembler that utility still shows 'Atari Basic Rev C' for the description and you can not change it either. I thought this would be very confusing (especially when you save the U1MB ROM and reload it later) so I chose to leave the description empty. I could not allow you to type in a description as there is no place to save it and it will be lost when you exit the program. So I left it blank.

Edited by atari8warez

Hi a8w,

Today I tested the latest version (1.03) and when I use the ROMV1 and add roms to the OS slots (and I change descriptions) then the file name that I load into those slots is not next to the os slot name, but still on the location on the screen where it was on V2.

I did not test the created ATR, but on the Windows Screen in the Rom Builder it does not look quite right.

Steps to reproduce problem

1. Start rombuilder 1.03

2. Load RomV1 (Default rom V1)

3. Change name Hi-Speed OS in something else

4. Load a 16K OS rom to slot 1... and look what happens.

Probably a simple problem... ( I guess you have a fixed position for the rom-file-names and probably you did not change that for Rom v1.... I guess that is the reason)

Greetz

M.

Works 100% perfect here a8w!

I also can switch to my 'custom' 8k rom on SDX.

I am using the V1 U1MB board right now, and I also used the v1 Rom as start.

I did not change to the newer version of SDX, so this is SDX 4.45 from the original v1 ROM.

Works 100% perfect here a8w!

I also can switch to my 'custom' 8k rom on SDX.

I am using the V1 U1MB board right now, and I also used the v1 Rom as start.

I did not change to the newer version of SDX, so this is SDX 4.45 from the original v1 ROM.

Great, next I will give you a little surprise (soon). :)

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know if it's possible to put OSS bank switch MAC/65 style ROMs in the U1MB?

Lotharek said (in an e-mail) :

"That is possible à best check atariage forums for ultimate rom creator. "

I don't understand how, because the logic would need to be re-programmed to switch the ROMs in and out.

-Kyle

Does anyone know if it's possible to put OSS bank switch MAC/65 style ROMs in the U1MB?

Lotharek said (in an e-mail) :

"That is possible à best check atariage forums for ultimate rom creator. "

I don't understand how, because the logic would need to be re-programmed to switch the ROMs in and out.

If you hack the ROM image so that it banks using the U1MB base register, might be doable.

• 2 weeks later...

U1MB Rom Builder Update:

Nov 8, 2013 - v1.0.4
+ Updated the flasher component. New flasher is said to support the SST 39SF040 Chip in the U1MB by Lotharek (not tested by me). For the latest version of this flasher always check "SDX446_ultimate.atr" file from the SDX project website. The flasher can be updated by replacing the file "flasher.com" in the application's ROMS folder with the new flasher from "SDX446_ultimate.atr".

See this thread for details

Edited by atari8warez