IGNORED

S/XEGS Ram Cart 128KB by C.P.U. team

santosp

A long time a go had fallen on my mind a very great full project for its time. This is the SXEGS Ram Cart (super XE game system) cartridge. One more time from C.P.U. Team. :thumbsup:

This is a Atari ram cartridge with 128KB static ram memory, who keep its contents with a 3v lithium battery. Has a special ram bank switching fully compatible with Atari XEGS, and can be load all these 32/64/128KB games. Also can load standard 8 or 16 Kb games.

Apart from this (one game -.rom or .bin- at a time) someone can load a collection of games until reach the maximum ram of course. This can become with the use of a special loader from them, within Windows. The files who supported in this case is atari binary files like *.com, *.exe, *.axe. *.xex, *.obj, *.bin etc. Loader adds a menu with a list of the games to choose.

A third option is to use as a backup RAM cartridge, but it need the use of special patched version of DOS II.+.

OK my first attempt with this cart was some years ago with their home made pcb. Because that version was not possible to placed on a plastic enclosure, I decide to redesign the pcb as to do so compatible with this. The result is above on pictures.

I have test this cart both on XL and XE computers, and run perfectly not only for games but also for Diagnostic cartridges, this one who used from Atari service centers.

The only minor is cause if your Atari has the Ultimate 1MB upgrade, for some reason the stand alone 8 or 16 Kb game roms (*.rom files) run only once at the first reset. After that was stuck on a blue screen.

As alternative someone can make a collection from that games, with the second way who I describe earlier, and play that as a collection.

My personal opinion is cause this way is more constructive especially with these little games.

This is not affect the 32 or 64 or 128Kb game roms.

Hope to enjoy...

:)

IMG 7707 1600

IMG 7703 1600

IMG 7716 1600

IMG 7714 1600

IMG 7719 1600

IMG 7708 1600

IMG 7713 1600

IMG 7711 1600

IMG 7710 1600

IMG 7726 1600

IMG 7731 1600

IMG 7723 1600

IMG 7724 1600

• Like 1

Hi guys. I am very glad that you liked. To be honest I did not think that there is interest around it. :( Is a project that while I was getting the material long ago, or rather years :-D , I just had neglected to finish. Currently I have materials for nine additional cartridges, except mine and a good friend that I have promised his! ;)

I need one week to cut the rest enclosures and complete the electronics.

As for the price may be 22 euro per cartridge plus shipping cost, who is 3 euro as simple or 6 euro as registered with track number.

Edited by santosp

Hi Santos,

I am planning to make one myself already years ago. I even bought two LP621024D 128KB SRAM chips for it but I never got around making a PCB.

So I will take two if you are making them. Will you also supply them without the memory chips as I have already two compatible chips?

Robert

I am impressed with your interest! :) Thank you all.

But I have only 9 pieces. Ok I can post mine also, which make us 10. :( No more for the moment, but because of your interest I will make some more soon. :thumbsup:

@rdemming

Ok I will send you pm some time later.

@a8isa1

I will check and post here later.

@firestorm

Both devices Sio2sd and SDrive can program the cart. I have prepare the loader + Dos as one complete file, as to use with this cartridge.

Edited by santosp

I'm interested in two of it. I think the guys of ABBUC RENO could be also interested (Fratzengeballer, tf_hh, skr, zaxxon-hh, thorsten_guenther, 1NG, BigBen, Yellow_Man, janatari,...). To save shipping costs I would order for us alltogether and give at to them at the meeting. I'll ask them ...

• Like 1

@rdea6

Friend, as you know I keep always devout the priority. ;) So no need to rush. You are first on list.

@firestorm

Yes it work! :thumbsup:

First picture start screen, second on editor, and third on Basic. Circle command given as to see if I am in real TBasic!

IMG 7736 1600

IMG 7738 1600

IMG 7737 1600

Edited by santosp