IGNORED

Custom Dust Covers for Classic Consoles/11/23/17 Happy Holidays!

oldjd

• 1 month later...

Well, its that time of the year = CHRISTMAS=, when our thoughts all go to "What can I buy for a friend who loves their Video games? "
And, what a surprise, we have just the solution.
Yes, its the time tested value of a custom made dust cover for the consoles of our "youth". Well yours anyway...lol
Buy it for a friend, a spouse, or even yourself !
The first page in this thread shows all our offerings and prices, take a look, find the things you need and want, contact me thru PM and we can get this done !

*****Thru Dec. 15, free shipping on orders of 3 or more covers, USA only.*****

As always Barb and I thank you for your past business, and wish all a Very Merry Christmas.

Edited by oldjd

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but still no go for the XEGS. Been trying to find a donor case, but not in the cards at this time I guess!! :(

All Pms have ben responded to, don't forget the free ship option until the 15th.

And don't forget that special collector friend who would appreciate a nice custom made dustcover for there console(s).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As you know I have loved your dust covers for a while. Especially the Vectrex dust cover.
Added information on Vectrex.com for your fine products

Without a doubt, this is the nicest thing we have read in years.

Thanks Chris, it really means a lot to Barb and I.

• 3 weeks later...

Have been somewhat behind schedule keeping things current.

There are as previously mentioned a few new covers, so if you haven't had time to check, take a gander!

Also remember you are doing a great service by keeping us old people off the streets.

To all our previous, current and futures, Barb and I thank you very much!

Have been somewhat behind schedule keeping things current.

There are as previously mentioned a few new covers, so if you haven't had time to check, take a gander!

Also remember you are doing a great service by keeping us old people off the streets.

To all our previous, current and futures, Barb and I thank you very much!Thanks

Thanks! I love the colorful Fairchild Channel F cover (even though it does not match my original model "Fairchild Video Entertainment System" before they changed the company's name).

Which leads to the lots of different names for what started out as Bally Professional Arcade and ending at Astrocade with 7 other name variations in between. The red Bally logo would look great, but the lid has gold Bally on white and white Arcade on red.

My $25 Fairchild Video Entertainment System is okay with a Mismatched cover, but the rare Bally / Astrocade where I've spent $400 plus, I would want everything matching.

The blocky yellow Astrocade would also look great.

Only way way a Bally / Astrocade will happen is if you send them one to measure and fit.

Maybe a perfect mock up system would work? Someone send them a 3D printed system or a parts console!

You're welcome JD and Barb from a happy customer.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

How many would be interested in a Turbografx 16 cover? I would be willing to send mine in and loan as a template. I think the Turbografx 16 has a strong collector base. I have bought almost all of the covers so far. Soon as I finish my game room which should be an a few weeks I will post pictures to show my appreciation for all the work they have done for the community.

IMG_0123_zpssxfqz7ds.jpg

IMG_0124_zpse6doz9rm.jpg

Needs a cover.....

IMG_0125_zpskhqvyqjc.jpg

Edited by Coldheat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To answer some of the questions regarding availability for certain covers, 2 things prevent it from happening.

Demand and a useable carcass/shell to use as a template.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer a cover for each and every game console made.

Some of these consoles are rare and less popular, which makes it near impossible to get a donor, and if it wasn't a hot seller to begin with......

Anyway, hope that answers the questions and ask that you view the ad if you haven't looked for awhile.

And as always, Barb and I thank you for your continued business :)

• 1 month later...

Couple of updates.

We expect to have available soon, covers for the Commodore C16, which was apparently a European version of the C series in the USA.

The other is Texas Instruments TI 99. we have the templates done, just need some extra time to get some made.

**If anyone has a Coleco Steering wheel module that they would like to get rid of, send me a PM. All we need is the shell, with the wheel

attached. Do not need wiring, circuit boards etc..it can even cracks in it!

And Barb and I thank you to all who made purchases and keep us old timers out of trouble. :-o

• Like 1

I don't have any dust covers for my consoles because it would cost too much to buy them for everything and I can't justify the expense for one or two. I see some small sets with savings for related items, but did you ever consider a large, more expansive, mega-collector set for some people?

Also, would you consider doing one for the original Atari 800? I see one for the 400.

If you had a bunch of these and offered a bulk bundle for the right price I'd get:

Maxnavox Odyssey 2000

Atari VCS

Atari 2600 (yes, both)

Atari 800

Atari 800XL

CX80 Trak-Ball

Atari 5200

CX53 Trak-Ball

Family Computer

NES

Sharp twinFAMICOM

Atari 7800

NEC Turbo-Grafx -though missing rear cover (like many)

Sega Genesis

Neo-Geo MV-1 (particularly-exposed arcade PCB)

Neo-Geo MV-1FZ (commonly consolized arcade PCB)

SNES

Philips CD-i

Sega Pico

Panasonic R.E.A.L. FZ-1 3DO

Sega Saturn

Sony PlayStation

Nintendo 64

Sega Dreamcast

Sony PlayStation one

Sony PlayStation 2 (original)

Microsoft XBOX

Nintendo GameCube (with GameBoy Player)

Sony PlayStation 2 (early slim)

Nintendo Wii

PlayStation 3 (launch unit; vertical possible?)

Nintendo Wii U

PlayStation 4 Pro

Nintendo Switch

Various joysticks (NES Advantage, Capcom Power Stick Fighter, ASCII Fighter Stick SN, ASCII Stick II Turbo, multiple Neo-Geo sticks, etc).

I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Perhaps a set of 12 with the more mainstream stuff being an automatic inclusion (2600, 5200, NES, 7800, Genesis, SNES) but you had to pick the additional ones up to 12 (dupes allowed). Also, a particular bundle expansion price for each item over 12.

Not that the prices are bad (they aren't), I'm just brain-storming about what it would take to convince me to make that leap/investment for my collection. :)

Edited by CZroe

Thank you Crossbow and imstarryeyed.

I cant take much credit for the covers, other then I cut the patterns and measure them.

My bride Barb does all the hard stuff, like embroidering and sewing.

Well, I do market the covers, so I guess that counts for something, besides the dirty looks I get when I tell her

she needs to get more covers done :mad:

• 3 weeks later...

Just for future reference, anyone know if the Atari CX-80 and CX-22 trak ball controllers are the same size and shape (within a cm)? I have a CX-80 and if oldjd got a donation of one or the other, and they are willing, could they use one controller to make covers for both?

Maybe the same holds true for an XEGS and some other console. I can look into my set of consoles once my XEGS arrives (although I only have 4 of the consoles on the list: 2600, 7800, CV and sears arcade 2, as well as the CV roller controller).

Just a thought, but I would understand if that is troubling, oldjd.

P.S. Love your covers and I know you have made a lot of enthusiasts very happy! Your contribution is priceless.

• Like 1