IGNORED

Paperboy

sqoon

My sincerest hope is that he is not reading this thinking we are a bunch of rabid fans trying to exploit him. That is not the case at all.

We are a bunch of rabid fans... waiting to sink our teeth into this morsel. icon_evil.gif

But I'd like to see him make some money. It all depends on the quality of what's found.

Right.

Andy emailed me this morning.

As we thought he simply has been busy at work.

He has though been to the loft, dug out his old material, which is most kind of him

He promises to post the findings so far on here later. (i know the results, but it's not for me to say).

That's all i've got to say on the matter, ramblings or not .....

:-)

So you will be getting an update very soon.

Sorry about the delay but I've been a bit busy with work and other real life issues.

I still can't believe the interest in all of this!

I've rummaged in my attic and found some relics from my tiertex days. Floppies and an ST hard drive , a 'huge' 40MB Megafile!

I've got an ST, ( I collect what to us are vintage computers and consoles, and to my wife is junk ) and I've been looking on ebay for a cable to connect it to the st without any luck so I'll get the bits and make one.

Not much on the floppies, those that would still read, and certainly nothing paperboy related. If I find anything of interest I will keep you all posted.

• Like 4

Sorry about the delay but I've been a bit busy with work and other real life issues.

I've rummaged in my attic and found some relics from my tiertex days. Floppies and an ST hard drive , a 'huge' 40MB Megafile!

I've got an ST, ( I collect what to us are vintage computers and consoles, and to my wife is junk ) and I've been looking on ebay for a cable to connect it to the st without any luck so I'll get the bits and make one.

Not much on the floppies, those that would still read, and certainly nothing paperboy related. If I find anything of interest I will keep you all posted.

VERY COOL. Thanks.

I'm sure someone here can help you with that cable. I wish I still had my ST stuff so I could loan you mine.

There's also quite a bit of excitement over at Facebook in the various Atari groups for you potentially recovering the game.

Should we post to the ST section asking anyone there if they could donate an ST DMA cable to you?

And if you don't mind us asking, were you aware of any other 7800 games in development at the company while you were working on Paperboy?

:)

• 3 years later...

A thread bump.

Apologies it's NOT the news people have been hoping for..sorry

But it has been pointed out that in the rough interview with Andy i did in the space of a few hours, he talks about the Sega Master System version of Desert Strike.

He is most likely confusing it with the Game Gear version.

To his credit, he lists the Game Gear version on his C.V

Game projects:

Paperboy, Atari 7800, Megatwins, spectrum/Amstrad

Bonanza Brothers, spectrum/Amstrad, Desert Strike,

Sega gamegear Mercs, Sega master system Wolfenstien 3D, Sega mega drive."

I think this may be the first time I ever read this thread, but the game list on page 4 had an interesting entry that I had never heard of before...

ATARI CORPORATION

CX GAME TITLE RELEASE DATE

CX7818 BENTLEY BEAR IN Q*BERT NR

If there's any story about the 7800 I'd like to hear, it's the concept for this...

A thread bump.

But it has been pointed out that in the rough interview with Andy i did in the space of a few hours, he talks about the Sega Master System version of Desert Strike.

Do you know if he was able to get that ST cord or if someone sent him one?

A thread bump.

Game projects:

Not sure I'm following you. So there is, or is not an existing prototype for 7800 Paperboy? Confused... :sad:

A thread bump.

Game projects:

But this thread is about 7800 Paperboy, not Sega stuff.

• Like 2

@LynxPro@Another Ex-Domark source who knew of Andy, had seen this thread and myself talking with Andy and went onto read the interview Andy gave (which detailed his Sega and Atari work) and in doing so noticed Andy talked about the M.S version of Desert Strike.

Something Andy never worked on.

He's basically been kind enough to add that correction.

I posted the link to the interview in THIS THREAD back on page 2:

Posted Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:33 PM

Interview is up:

http://shinobiman.pr...usive-interview

So the correction to points raised in it has gone in the thread as i can't edit the original post and put on a little disclaimer or remove the link.

@Kosmic Stardust: As for the possibility of a 7800 prototype of Paperboy, unless Andy himself reappears with some good news, at this stage things are looking very bleak.

Andy has gone 'dark' and we are unable to find anyone else from Tiertex who might of worked on it or any other 7800 titles.

Edited by Lost Dragon