IGNORED

Mr. Bland's Handhelds

Well thanks for looking. I have a number more but they are not complete so I'll wait on them. Which reminds me, for those starting out, check your boxes right away! I dilly dallied getting around to checking some games I bought and it turned out they weren't all complete like advertised. Mistakes are easily made, for instance I had an Indy 500 with standard paddles packed in them instead of driver paddles, and boxes with catalogs but no manual. Once everything gets unpacked it can be a real pain figuring out which seller sent which, I ended up not feeling like it was worth it (cash value of mistakes was low). So long story short, CHECK YOUR BOXES RIGHT AWAY. Well lesson learned for me anyway. Can't wait to flesh out my collection more and have another round of pics for you!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a huge fan of racing games, but Championship Rally is fun. When I first played it, it reminded me of OffRoad. It's smooth, decent graphics and pretty good gameplay. For racing games I like Checkered Flag better but Rally is worth checking out.

Edited by MrBland

Pretty cool, I have a few Game Boy games but not near that many! So what games do you like the best? Right now I am playing Pokemon Yellow, my youngsters just discovered the Pokemon cartoons on Netflix and it has been fun to play and watch. I need to get Pokemon Stadium for the N64 to round out the experience!

Pretty cool, I have a few Game Boy games but not near that many! So what games do you like the best? Right now I am playing Pokemon Yellow, my youngsters just discovered the Pokemon cartoons on Netflix and it has been fun to play and watch. I need to get Pokemon Stadium for the N64 to round out the experience!

I am currently playing a bunch of different stuff, I played STEEL TALONS (LYNX) in bed last night, Everybodys Golf 2 (PS1) when I got up this morning, followed by CHASE H.Q. on the GAMEBOY and finally continued my career on Pro Evolution Soccer on the (PS3)

As for GAMEBOY games I like best:

• 1 month later...

It has been a while since I posted an update on my collection. For a bit there I really got the 2600 fever but a financial slump slowed me down. I've still been adding items here and there and I recently aquired some carts through trades that I am pretty excited about. So with out further ado:
I posted this video in the Lynx forum a while back, I figured it was about time to post it here too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWRiXfUxNT0

If your dying to know more about this game look here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/227956-what-is-this/?hl=%2Bquadromania&do=findComment&comment=3042546

Edited by MrBland

• 6 months later...

Now this is a really fun acquisition:
IMG_0041.JPG

Now everyone already knows about and many have the test cart for the Lynx II:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS9UIqC2DvQ

But here is the test cart for the Lynx I:

IMG_0043.JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfWtK-doXJ8

Edited by MrBland

I had a request for information on Championship Rally for the Atari Lynx. So here we are, first a review:
http://www.ataritimes.com/index.php?ArticleIDX=612

And here is a video of some gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mShzaT5XC5k

Now no busting an my poor gaming abilities ;) I never was much of a racer lol.

• Like 1

That is a simply AWESOME collection. Really makes me rethink my decision not to add handhelds to my collecting endeavors. Maybe I could just do the Lynx. As for the Atari 2600, you have entered the point of no return. For me it is the ultimate because it represents my childhood gaming console, but there is SO much there to collect it can overwhelm u at times. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Where did you get the 2600 handheld? I have seen it on eBay from some seller in Turkey but it is always listed at a pretty steep price.

Well dome sir, i am entirely impressed.

Sean

Oh, and forgot to mention that the pic with your 4 boys is what it is all about. Keeping these old games and consoles in the minds and consciousness of the next generation is huge. My daughter is 9 and she plays Atari pretty much daily. Not certain, but she may be the only one in her school that does. Her friends love it when they are over so i know there is appreciation for it from these little ones growing up in this monstrous age of technology.

It is that seller in , I paid less than the advertised price but it was still expensive. He hand crafts them, you can have them custom made with the features you want. For instance I wanted to have A/V out and be able to plug in controllers. Mine can be used as a home console or a portable with two players. He stands by his work, I had to return my system twice to fix issues and while the time it took him was rather inconvenient it was nice to know he would fix what ever issues come up. I have purchased several custom portables and the portable 2600 was the most expensive, but it was also by far the highest quality and had the best service. Some would say it is way over paying, and it was expensive, but you get what you pay for. He mentioned in our correspondence that he also does other systems, and at some point down the line (when I've saved up a nice chunk of hobby money) I will probably buy another system from him.

That is very cool that your daughter enjoys playing. My boys go in spurts, they will see me playing a game and they will get into it for a while then eventually move on to something else. We come back to the multiplayer games like Rampage on the Lynx and Warlords on the 2600 a lot. Nothing like some group play!

Edited by MrBland
  • Like 1