IGNORED

10-17-2012 Found Air Raid with original box

AIR-RAID

If not, I wonder if the winning bidder would one day try to resell it at a higher starting bid? They sure would be happy if they could double their money like that. Unless the buyer is someone who wants to keep it. The person who bought the $30,000 boxed only copy would probably also be pretty pissed that they missed out on the manual cheaper.

Unless he wins this copy;)

All this buying stuff to just preserve value goes beyond me. Kind of impractical too since regardless of rarity you never know what could happen. The publicity and attempts at tracking down Men-A-Vison could result in more copies showing up and ruining the value that way.

But regardless, congrats on your purchase, hope you enjoy getting a holy grail!

Congrats to all involved. I am just glad GameGavel was apart of such a great auction. The coolest thing about this is I will probably see Jose at SC3 in a next weekend (and yes, you better bring this Air Raid to the party to show everyone) and Tricia and I are going to have dinner with Harve and Alana in a couple weeks and toast the sale. This was a tense couple of weeks but it's just as much about the people you meet in this crazy hobby as the item's themselves. I hope we can all find out the true history behind this game in the mean time. Aweome! Just awesome!

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1