IGNORED

10-17-2012 Found Air Raid with original box

AIR-RAID

Congrats Jose !!!!!

Thanks everyone for all the support. We would like to give a special Thanks to Mike at Gamegavel.com and Albert Atariage.com for the guidance and the great hospitality. This whole experience was awesome we have had a crazy two weeks. This was so much fun going through this together. We have met some great people on here and we really appreciate the warm welcome into your community. We hope the address on the manual gives the community the missing link needed to find the truth about Air Raid's beginnings.

Hope you have all enjoyed this as much as we have. There will be other games up for auction we found and also the Atari display case that Air Raid has been living in.

Thanks Again,

Harve & Alana

• Like 4

I would like to thank everybody for their kind words. I am almost did not go for it but I changed my mind at the last minute.... :)

Well, with this acquisition, I got a boxed one available.....please see the following post if interested:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/204541-for-sale-atari-2600-boxed-air-raid/

Please shoot me an offer if interested......I am in no rush to sell it. :)

Thanks.

• Like 6

I have a pile of research papers in my desk and just noticed that I printed out the page on Mena & Sons two years ago as a possible candidate. I guess I didn't pursue it because there was nothing pointing to the address at the time. Here are the questions I wrote up a couple weeks ago:

1. What is the story behind Men-A-Vision and how it got started?

2. The only game that has been found so far is Air Raid, was it the only one released?

3. The box it came in mentions looking for more games from Men-A-Vision, do you recall what else might have been planned?

4. Did you advertise the game for sale? (Magazines, Newspapers, Other)

5. On the side of the box was the code "M707", this seems a little odd for a product code. Does it have any special meaning?

6. How many Air Raid games were manufactured and sold?

7. The cartridge casings are very unique with the T-handle and blue coloring. What is the story on how these came about and where were they made?

8. Who was the programmer for the Air Raid game?

9. Who did the art work for the label and box and is there a story behind it?

10. Did you hang on to any of the items involved in this production? (Cartridges, Game Manuals, Advertising, etc.)

I have a pile of research papers in my desk and just noticed that I printed out the page on Mena & Sons two years ago as a possible candidate. I guess I didn't pursue it because there was nothing pointing to the address at the time.

You already had them? Shame on you! ;)

I found them by the picture. Knowing the address, I went to Google Street View like everyone did. And I saw a pretty nice looking, old building. I figured someone might have taken pictures of it before. So I searched Google for pictures of Jensen's Recreation Center and luckily found that old photo. From there is was all easy.

How did you get to Mena & Sons?

Here are the questions I wrote up a couple weeks ago:

Very good questions. As a programmer, I would like to know if the source code still exists and how it is related to Space Jockey.

And please make sure that he doesn't feel pressured.

How did you get to Mena & Sons?

I did a business search on the California Secretary of State website on just the word Mena and got multiple listing. This one met my criteria of starting before 1982 and being in Los Angeles. It wasn't the only one, which is probably another reason I didn't follow through.

I can't remember who, but someone had speculated that there might be a tie to Mena Arkansas, so I just added that to the many different search terms I was using.

I missed the earlier question about not pressuring the gentleman. Don't worry my approach is to give a brief summary of who I am and why I'm contacting them and to invite them to reminisce about the old days, there is no pressure. Most of the individuals from that day are in their 60's and 70's and trust is a big factor. I'm starting to worry we are going to lose a lot of stories and information soon as they begin to die off.

There once (1981) was a toy shop, named Mena Toys. (Mena -> Men-A-Vision?)

http://historicechop...nection-2982144

http://www.theeastsi...nds-a-new-home/

http://www.flickr.co...iee/2400524939/

And there still exists a company named "Mena & Sons Incorporated" in LA. Someone should contact them.

No toy shop is complete with out the molester van parked out front.