IGNORED

Birthday Mania - Unwrapped

Atari_Warlord

This will present all kinds of...conundrums...

Not everybody here is a die hard lifelong Atari gamer & collector. With virtually no exceptions, almost every single cart that has had a "reproduction run" has eventually ended up being auctioned, sold, traded, etc. So just imagine the logistics of peoples names being slapped all over these carts, exchanging hands over & over as the years go by. It would be kind of bizarre to have a 2016 "Happy Birthday Albert" cart in your collection in the year 2049 or 2084 when your name is Biff.

I still feel the best solution is tweaking the rom and implementing a splash screen / name entry interface screen upon power up.

And please don't chime in with "that cannot be done". Oh please. Many programmers here can do it during a lunch break.

Examples: Realsports Tennis, the Epyx sports games carts, etc.

I still feel the best solution is tweaking the rom and implementing a splash screen / name entry interface screen upon power up.

There is quite a lot of text possible, maybe 24 characters or so. And it requires a bit of layout to look good.

It can be done if you use modern hardware. But it would make production more expensive. And then, who would enter all the data more than once or twice?

Not everybody here is a die hard lifelong Atari gamer & collector. With virtually no exceptions, almost every single cart that has had a "reproduction run" has eventually ended up being auctioned, sold, traded, etc. So just imagine the logistics of peoples names being slapped all over these carts, exchanging hands over & over as the years go by. It would be kind of bizarre to have a 2016 "Happy Birthday Albert" cart in your collection in the year 2049 or 2084 when your name is Biff.

In 2049, a 2016 "Happy Birthday Albert" cart will be worth MILLIONS! Right, Albert?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to print out the manual, it is way too small. Will there be right size instructions?

I was wondering, everybody orders a personalized version on BM, wouldn't that be totally expensive?

Maybe the cart run should say 'Birthday Kid' or 'Birthday Boy' or 'Atari User' or something/

Edited by high voltage

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

http://www.atarimania.com/pubs/hi_res/multivision_ad.jpg

Was finished and could be ordered.

8)

It was finished, but according to Multivision programmer Michael Case, the company fell apart just as the games were finished and about to go to market. Highly doubtful anything was manufactured, much less sold.

Not to derail my own thread, but has anyone tried to contact Eugene Finkei? The Harem Rom was released by the programmer, so just the Battle of the Sexes is missing.

He kept the only known copy of Battle of the Sexes, according to programmer Mike Case. I've tried like hell to find him for years with no luck. There's just no trail to follow. I was able to dig up some old addresses and phone numbers in NYC and LA, but they were all outdated. He was originally from Czechoslovakia and lived elsewhere in Europe before coming to the States. He could be anywhere really, and I think the chances of him still having anything related to Multivision after all these years is quite slim. Battle of the Sexes is almost certainly lost.

Searching Google now, I do see a young Czech artist by the same name that may be his son or grandson.

Also, Football Fynyte was advertised and finished, just no copies sold.

Nice...I didn't realize you had tracked down the people behind that. I had looked into that a while back but reached a dead end there as well.

• 1 month later...