IGNORED

XBox Surface

Master Phruby

Tablets live and die by their apps. Right now the Windows Store is a ghost town, so until something changes, there is little to be excited about in a Microsoft "gaming" tablet.

Furthermore, far too many companies have tried and failed on existing tablets to copy console experiences and port them over to touch devices, replete with clumsy, imprecise on-screen buttons. Tablets are not consoles, and while a successful gaming experience is possible on a tablet, it must necessarily be a different experience than what you would get on a console. Otherwise you may as well save the money you would otherwise spend on a ~$500 Microsoft tablet and get a better experience on a more powerful and far cheaper Microsoft console.

If that is not a convincing argument, let me pose it to you from another angle: is there really that significant a need to be able to pwn noobs in Halo on the bus? In any case, don't expect a whole lot of kill streaks with touch controls.

Edited by MagitekAngel
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Wow...I don't think that I could be any less excited. Since the XBOX LIVE tablet functionality already built into Windows 8 is totally underwhelming, I can't imagine this being anywhere close to a must-have.

I'm not a fan of touch controls as they're just too limited for traditional console games (even moreso for PC games). They work fine for simple and casual games, but I'm used to more substantial gameplay at this point. I'm not about to go backwards.

• Like 1