So, I thought, why not try and program a title screen with these techniques. Turn's out the 2600 can actually come quite close to the arcade version. Left ist the VCS version in Stella, on the right a screenshot taken in MAME.
If I find some time over the weekend I will program the rest
D.K.VCS_Title.bin 4KB 687 downloads
Donkey Kong VCS is a new conversion of the original arcade game for the Atari 2600 video computer system. Sporting 32K of ROM, this version for the first time features all four arcade stages as well as all cut-scenes. Additionally, the game includes multi-colored graphics plus arcade quality animations and sounds!
- Joystick Left/Right - move Mario left/right
- Joystick Up/Down - climb ladders up/down
- Joystick Fire - jump
- Console Reset - reset game and go to title screen
- Console Select - on title screen select U.S. or Japanese stage order
- Console Left Difficulty - A: 1 life, B: 3 lives
- Console RIght Difficulty - A: extra life at 20,000 points, B: extra life at 10,000 points
!!! Work in progress !!!
D.K.VCS_131110_NTSC.bin 32KB 843 downloads ( #533 )
D.K.VCS_131110_PAL60.bin 32KB 227 downloads
D.K.VCS_131009_NTSC.bin 32KB 184 downloads ( #508 )
D.K.VCS_131009_PAL60.bin 32KB 109 downloads
D.K.VCS_130617_NTSC.bin 32KB 830 downloads ( #300 )
D.K.VCS_130617_PAL60.bin 32KB 239 downloads
D.K.VCS_130423.bin 32KB 237 downloads ( #224 )
D.K.VCS_130225.bin 32KB 281 downloads ( #140 )
D.K.VCS_130204.bin 32KB 207 downloads ( #96 )
D.K.VCS_130114.bin 32KB 198 downloads ( #45 )
D.K.VCS_121217.bin 32KB 188 downloads ( #11 )
Edited by Joe Musashi, Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:03 PM.