IGNORED

Spider-Man Colors?

Rabbit 2600

Working on a hack of Spider-Man. I've changed the colors of Spider-Man. But I can't find the color for the building or the sky. I've looked through 1C too 1F. =/ Anybody know the colours of the building and the sky?

According to Stella (looking at the TIA tab in debug mode), the building (playfield) color is $1C and the sky (background) color is $8A. That's for the first screen; I don't remember, but I think the colors may change. Looking at the code in DIS6502, it looks like the color table for the building starts at $FF8E, and the color table for the sky starts at $FECB, but I'm not certain about that, and the colors are loaded from the tables using ABS,X and/or ABS,Y addressing, and I'm not sure what the ranges for the X and Y registers are when reading the tables.

I'm curious... Are you using the disassembly from the link posted by Nukey, or are you still editing the ROM. If you aren't using the disassembly, I highly recommend switching over to that. It's easier to find things, you can play around with it a lot more to see what does what, and you get to learn a little about asm while you're at it. :)

On the other hand, one can gain valuable insight by going it alone and doing something different without my "infernal meddling" (as Stan put it) ;)

But the disassembly posted in the thread reveals the color value locations as labelled by Distella...so those addresses should be used with the original binary. If the hacked disassembly is further used to create a new binary tho, those labelled addresses would not necessarily be correct (because I moved stuff around). 'Course, the advantage is that you do not need to be concerned with Distella-created addresses then, because Dasm would sort it out by itself.