Photo

Spider-Man Colors?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Rabbit 2600 OFFLINE  

Rabbit 2600

Dragonstomper

• 745 posts

Posted Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:10 PM

Working on a hack of Spider-Man. I've changed the colors of Spider-Man. But I can't find the color for the building or the sky. I've looked through 1C too 1F. =/ Anybody know the colours of the building and the sky?

#2 SeaGtGruff OFFLINE  

SeaGtGruff

Quadrunner

• 5,455 posts

Posted Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:35 AM

Working on a hack of Spider-Man. I've changed the colors of Spider-Man. But I can't find the color for the building or the sky. I've looked through 1C too 1F. =/ Anybody know the colours of the building and the sky?

According to Stella (looking at the TIA tab in debug mode), the building (playfield) color is $1C and the sky (background) color is $8A. That's for the first screen; I don't remember, but I think the colors may change. Looking at the code in DIS6502, it looks like the color table for the building starts at $FF8E, and the color table for the sky starts at $FECB, but I'm not certain about that, and the colors are loaded from the tables using ABS,X and/or ABS,Y addressing, and I'm not sure what the ranges for the X and Y registers are when reading the tables.

#3 Nukey Shay OFFLINE  

Nukey Shay

Sheik Yerbouti

• 21,046 posts

Posted Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:14 AM

Did you notice this thread? By rearranging code a little, you can fix errors in the original game (and make the web a different color too).

Edited by Nukey Shay, Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:15 AM.

#4 Rabbit 2600 OFFLINE  

Rabbit 2600

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 745 posts

Posted Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:08 AM

Sweet, thanks:)

#5 Rabbit 2600 OFFLINE  

Rabbit 2600

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 745 posts

Posted Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:57 PM

And , where are the colors for the Goblin located? Can't find 'em either =/

#6 SeaGtGruff OFFLINE  

SeaGtGruff

Quadrunner

• 5,455 posts

Posted Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:53 PM

And , where are the colors for the Goblin located? Can't find 'em either =/

Again, I'm not sure about this-- but it looks like the color table for the Green Goblin may start at $FE55, loaded using ABS,Y addressing, so the actual colors are offset from $FE55 depending on the value of Y.

#7 KevinMos3 OFFLINE  

KevinMos3

Stargunner

• 1,186 posts
  • Founder of the Timothy Dalton as Bond fan club

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:39 PM

I'm curious... Are you using the disassembly from the link posted by Nukey, or are you still editing the ROM. If you aren't using the disassembly, I highly recommend switching over to that. It's easier to find things, you can play around with it a lot more to see what does what, and you get to learn a little about asm while you're at it. :)

#8 Nukey Shay OFFLINE  

Nukey Shay

Sheik Yerbouti

• 21,046 posts

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:23 AM

On the other hand, one can gain valuable insight by going it alone and doing something different without my "infernal meddling" (as Stan put it) ;)

But the disassembly posted in the thread reveals the color value locations as labelled by Distella...so those addresses should be used with the original binary. If the hacked disassembly is further used to create a new binary tho, those labelled addresses would not necessarily be correct (because I moved stuff around). 'Course, the advantage is that you do not need to be concerned with Distella-created addresses then, because Dasm would sort it out by itself.

#9 Rabbit 2600 OFFLINE  

Rabbit 2600

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 745 posts

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:44 AM

I still haven't tried the dissasembly, I'm still on the rom using Bithacker and Hackomatic.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users