IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club 1.16 ~ Burgertime

Vocelli

probably my final score. Level 3 still kicks my ass, leaving me in shabby shape for the following levels. Awesome job oyama & northcoast! One of my downfalls is trying to max out the score for each level. I get too many deaths just waiting for the hot dog to get close for a drop, & then moving too late! what a waste! L3 is all about just surviving though. I haven't been expecting anyone to get past L8.

I will give it a few more goes...

God I hate this port. The controls stick, the sprites look dreadful, and the collision detection is awful most of the time. Sorry I only had one chance to really get a score in this week, here it is, not much but an okay first score. I'd need more time with this one.

And I SWEAR this is totally coincidence, I didn't even know what the next game was until now. Eating coconut at Valley Dairy while playing Coconuts. Sorry for the blurry picture, but you can see one of the coconuts on the screen.

post-22322-0-58850300-1358131730_thumb.jpg

post-22322-0-56492900-1358131737_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

I came across the old thread and noticed the nice games that oyama had put up, so I figured even though it's not a part of the HSC, I had to go and get my high score mojo back :). 101,550 on console (always had better feel on the console and joystick than even the stelladaptor on emulator).

gavv

ryan gavigan

post-14968-0-13234400-1387136470_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

109,650. Been going at this one pretty heavy past few days. Developed some nice point pressing techniques.

quite nice. point pressing is definitely pretty difficult in the 2600 version and you have to think about it differently than the more arcade-like versions (arcade, inty, coleco, where baddies climb up from the fallen ingredients rather than respawn randomly). It has different point distribution amongst the baddies than can be exploited, and the egg & tomato behavior make it tricky to get multi-drops consistantly (especially going right).

looks like i'll have to pull the cart back out again :)

gavv