IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

I've used both methods of keeping it in binary and also keeping it in BCD. Both are horrible :lol:. Its so much easier to get the Bee3 BIOS to do all the work for you and give you a string of BCD digits ready to copy into place. Plus the Bee3 BIOS can do the conversion in a few 10s of normal Inty instructions, which means that more stuff can be done in the main loop to keep the game player occupied.

I've used both methods of keeping it in binary and also keeping it in BCD. Both are horrible :lol:. Its so much easier to get the Bee3 BIOS to do all the work for you and give you a string of BCD digits ready to copy into place.

Amen! :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully, this is the final version of the game's intro sequence :-

post-21935-0-52321600-1404657594_thumb.gif <---- Click to animate

Progress has been pretty slow the last few weeks, due to real life getting in the way. The game's "new ship" FMV style animation sequence is up on the blocks next.

• Like 7

Groovy makes the art come alive.

SO hats and pants off to him for making my pixel dust come to life.

And i still like MrBees programmer art. It gets the job done. Hidden inside I know he has what it takes....

If he ever shows you all the revisions done to the game, like the title screen.

Mindblown...is all I can say. He is actually using every drop of blood the intelli has to make this stuff come out looking sounding playing great..

Thanks for all the compliments. ..

• Like 2

And i still like MrBees programmer art. It gets the job done. Hidden inside I know he has what it takes....

I think I've made you immune to its crapness because you've seen SO much of it :lol:.

If he ever shows you all the revisions done to the game, like the title screen.

The Rocketeer title page took us both a while to get right. On the flip side, it made doing the title pages for the other games a bit easier, so it was worth it in the end. I think Rocketeer's Capt. Bacon was the most difficult graphic asset in the game to pull off, because hes only a few pixels different to the version you came up with.

Eventually, I do want to port a game I am currently making. I want to play with the scroll function for Intybasic.

:cool: Scrolling games on Inty have a whole set of different UI/display challenges. It'll be interesting to see what compromises/changes you make between the Coleco version and the Inty version.

• Like 1

:cool: Scrolling games on Inty have a whole set of different UI/display challenges. It'll be interesting to see what compromises/changes you make between the Coleco version and the Inty version.

Yup, I would only display the score during pause mode, and in between levels. I'll probably use one sprite to display the health meter. I'm already doing multiplexing sprites(because of software collusion detection via sprites) for the Colecovision, there no doubt I'll do the same for the Intellivision version(due to 8 sprite limitation).

• Like 2

Yup, I would only display the score during pause mode, and in between levels. I'll probably use one sprite to display the health meter. I'm already doing multiplexing sprites(because of software collusion detection via sprites) for the Colecovision, there no doubt I'll do the same for the Intellivision version(due to 8 sprite limitation).

Unfortunately multiplexing sprites can look quite bad on Inty, mainly due to its fixed palette of harsh colours that you cannot change the luminance of. It all depends on the colour(s) you use and the background they are moving over and whether its running on a PAL or NTSC machine.

intvnut explained a neat approach to bounding box collision here :-

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/169112-intellivision-homebrew-mystery-castle/?p=2094955

Although I'm not sure how well that will translate into IntyBASIC. However, I'm sure one of us assembler types could make a small "library" routine, for your IntyBASIC project to call, in order to speed things up for you should you want to go down that route.

• Like 1