IGNORED

Arcade/MAME HSC Season 5.9: Centipede

For some reason, after I played a few games, the game started getting laggy. I then found out that it only got laggy when I used the mouse (either my optical USB mouse or the one built into my laptop) so I ended up just using the arrow keys. Not a bad score for such crude controls.

I also discovered that any game that uses a trackball (Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, etc.) gets laggy when I use the mouse but works fine with the arrow keys.

Looks like I'm not playing any trackball games for a while.post-28043-0-97647600-1362885459_thumb.png

Yes, I agree about Centipede. Made by a woman, but you would never be able to tell. It's a difficult game to say the least, yet the concept is so simple. There are only 3 types of enemies that can hurt you. The way you handle the spider is very important. He is somewhat predictable. The time it takes for a spider is always the same: roughly 4 seconds after getting shot and 2 seconds if he slips by without getting shot.

Damn, I was hoping to smash my old record of 118000+, but to no avail.

Bring on Gyruss!

Yes, I agree about Centipede. Made by a woman, but you would never be able to tell. It's a difficult game to say the least, yet the concept is so simple. There are only 3 types of enemies that can hurt you. The way you handle the spider is very important. He is somewhat predictable. The time it takes for a spider is always the same: roughly 4 seconds after getting shot and 2 seconds if he slips by without getting shot.

Damn, I was hoping to smash my old record of 118000+, but to no avail.

Bring on Gyruss!

Yeah, the game is freakin' intense. When you get in the zone in Centipede and go long stretches without dying, it's kind of a surreal experience that not many games out there can match. Wish I wasn't out of town for half the week, would have liked to play more of it.