IGNORED

U1MB flasher - timeout error.

greblus

• 3 weeks later...

CAUTION:

Yesterday we "killed" our freshly installed U1MB with the ATR from the post http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210066-u1mb-flasher-timeout-error/#entry2863119 because the actual ROM parts are empty. No we have to go and find a external way to flash again...

DO NOT FLASH THAT ATR!

I just sent a PM to Kyle22 to remove or fix the ATR content.

Edited by JAC!

It was stated a couple of messages above the one with the .atr that this is a BAD file. trub requested it.

I'm sorry you used it. It was NEVER meant to be used for anything other than troubleshooting.

My 1200XL is still bricked. I'm waiting for a programmer to get here (from China, so you know how LONG that takes.)

I was using the atari8warez one. Not anymore! I will use Atari Geezer's program because I have successfully used it with my Incognito.

-K

Kyle, do you remember what exactly you did to create that atr. I always use my Rom builder to flash my U1MB and never had that kind of problem before, but there is possibility of a bug just like any other piece of software, so if you could help me find out what happened I could fix it.

• Like 1

I was using the atari8warez one. Not anymore! I will use Atari Geezer's program because I have successfully used it with my Incognito.

-K

Kyle,

I downloaded your ATR and ROM files, loaded your ROM to U1MB Rom Builder and that's what I've got:

post-15627-0-14769500-1385746948_thumb.png

Then I extracted the XEGS ROM from the OS Slot 4 into a file, compared to a XEGS.ROM file that I already have. They were exactly the same, so far so good.

Then I created an ATR file from your ROM using U1MB Rom Builder. I then loaded the resulting ATR into HEX Workshop (a binary file editor) and looked for the XEGS ROM in there. it was there:

post-15627-0-80596800-1385746698_thumb.png

So the ATR that I created is OK, unlike yours that indeed contains no XEGS rom.

So I really don't know what happened to your ATR!... I will also test my ATR with my U1MB and post the results here.

I attached my ATR to this message so you can compare it to yours if you like.

U1MFlash(Ray).atr

Edited by atari8warez
  • Like 1

Kyle,

What was the chip type SST or AMD?

The one flasher doesn't flash both chips. We need to get a Flasher with a serial number so we can keep them straight as to which chip to program with which flasher..

I have two ultimate upgrades that have AMIC chips in them that is version 1.

OK, one question: is the Incognito 100% completely compatible with U1MB images? If not, what are the differences? I don't want to brick anything ever again...

Nope they are not... The only similarity is the position/code of SDX and XL/XE OS's. BIOS, PBI/SIDE, Cart images uses different code/positions.

If someone did try to use one on the other, bad things would surely happen...

Thanks for the clarification. I have been afraid to flash my Incognito because of the bad experience I had with the U1M in my 1200XL. I did flash it using your program, and it worked perfectly. I was very worried, though. Now, does SpartaDOS-X use the same bank registers on Incognito and U1MB?

It would be good to know what is and is not compatible between both systems. (To avoid future errors [and BRICKS]).

-K