IGNORED

U1MB flasher - timeout error.

greblus

Do APT partitions work at all?... you may have said already but I forget. By this I mean does any aspect of SIDE Hardware work at all? Both the PBI hard disk and ATR mounting are managed by the same code. It'll either work or (for some unknown hardware related reason) it won't. And how did you prepare the CF card? Does it have an MBR (master boot record) on it? Surely it's a confounding issue, but there must be a determinable cause.

Good question, well according to Lotharek if I want to use SIDE2 as SDX, I need to use the SDX from IDE2 and not the one from U1MB.

I did try to prepare the CF card entirely from SIDE2 (U1MB SDX off, Side HW disabled), FDISK managed to prepare the card and I managed to build the APT "table" with 1 partition.

I didn't go much further than that, did not try to mount or anything past formatting. But at this point U1MB would still not allow me to work with ATR file in FAT32 portion via L.

What I noticed was that if the APT portion on the CF is created by MyBIOS then it can't be used by SIDE2 SDX, size mismatch, formatting fails.

That is when I got back to use CF as formatted by MyBIOS (with a FAT32 and the rest is simple custom space, no APT at all).

Is APT space mandatory for this to work? I mean on the CF to succeed in mounting a FAT32 thru SIDELoader is there a need to have an APT part?

Any info greatly appreciated.

No you don't need an APT for this to work. MyBIOS ballsing things up doesn't surprise me much and obviously isn't my problem, and I don't know if I'm reading Lotharek right there but I can see no circumstance where it's wise to run SDX off the SIDE cart when it's right there on the U1MB. U1MB: SDX on, SIDE: SDX off.

Now: here's s pertinent question. Does your OS of choice even contain any PBI code? It must initislise the PBI device at boot, otherwise HDD and ATRs will never work.