IGNORED

Games that should have been made for Intellivision

mr_intv

With the Inty's inherent limitation of 8 MOBs, off the top of my head it seems like Missile Command would not be possible without flicker... But then again I've been surprised before....

I read somewhere that possibly a proto was discovered? ????? Am I imagining that?

• 1 month later...

My grandson says he would like to see Smash Brothers but with Intellivision characters: Peter Pepper, Commando, Utopia Rebel, NHL hockey player, Buzz Bomber aerosol can, Mario, etc.

Please ask Keith to make this game!!!

You finally managed to make me smile with one of these.

The new soporj is growing on me.

My grandson says he would like to see Smash Brothers but with Intellivision characters: Peter Pepper, Commando, Utopia Rebel, NHL hockey player, Buzz Bomber aerosol can, Mario, etc.

Please ask Keith to make this game!!!

That actually sounds like a fun idea. Rev, make it so.

I wonder if the Inty could handle something like Dungeon!

https://www.google.com/search?q=dungeon+board+game&client=firefox-a&hs=ZLu&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CB4QsARqFQoTCKauy4zr2cYCFYGBDQodZb8A0A&biw=1536&bih=795#imgrc=_

A turn-based board game, maybe with a zoomed-out "whole board" view and a zoomed-in local view? I think it would suit rather well toward the mechanics of drawing one card at a time from the pile.

I've been wondering for quite a while if a cart could take advantage of the 2609's graphics overlay capability. Such a cart wouldn't work on the Inty II, of course, but the ability to have 40x20 text would open up a *ton* of possibilities.

Next question: would text overlay work through the ECS, or would we need something in-line between the ECS and 2609? Maybe a 2609 expansion module that let carts take advantage of text-overlay? Such a device could theoretically work on the Inty II but it would have to emulate the STIC and generate the entire picture. Still...

Edited by JohnPCAE

I've been wondering for quite a while if a cart could take advantage of the 2609's graphics overlay capability. Such a cart wouldn't work on the Inty II, of course, but the ability to have 40x20 text would open up a *ton* of possibilities.

Why stop at text? You could have higher colour modes, all kinds of sprites, more audio channels and anything else you can think of.

Next question: would text overlay work through the ECS, or would we need something in-line between the ECS and 2609? Maybe a 2609 expansion module that let carts take advantage of text-overlay? Such a device could theoretically work on the Inty II but it would have to emulate the STIC and generate the entire picture. Still...

The Inty II has the same video connections on the cart port as a 2609 so I'm not sure why you think it wouldn't work.

• 2 weeks later...