IGNORED

Games that should have been made for Intellivision

mr_intv

games that should have been made for the intv??? donkey kong... oh wait, carl fixed that problem already! ;-)

cosmic avenger

adventures of lolo

puzzle bobble/bust-a-move

asteroids

mario bros.

galaga

ms pac-man

tempest

Edited by pimpmaul69

Maybe a turbo remake. Worst driving controls ever! I would have liked a Super Pro Boxing game but perhaps a Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling game was more feasable at the time.

The clerks at Electronics Boutique tried to talk me OUT of buying Turbo for the Intelly back-in-the-day because it was so bad!

Mike from Morgantown

• Like 1

Cosmic Avenger and Omega Race.

I loved the idea of Cosmic Avenger and it was among those announced but never released.

I remember Omega Race for Intellivision being advertised in a Musicland (Sam Goody's) sales paper. I went to the store -- knowing that the game did not exist on the off chance my info was wrong. But alas it was correct.

I did get the CV versions of both of these games for my Adam (and took them back when the Adam failed while writing a term paper in college after a month and a half). Eventually, I got Omega Race for the C64 but I had to wait until I collected games to play Cosmic Avenger.

Mike from Morgantown

Cosmic Avenger and Omega Race.

I loved the idea of Cosmic Avenger and it was among those announced but never released.

I remember Omega Race for Intellivision being advertised in a Musicland (Sam Goody's) sales paper. I went to the store -- knowing that the game did not exist on the off chance my info was wrong. But alas it was correct.

I did get the CV versions of both of these games for my Adam (and took them back when the Adam failed while writing a term paper in college after a month and a half). Eventually, I got Omega Race for the C64 but I had to wait until I collected games to play Cosmic Avenger.

Mike from Morgantown

i had 3 arcade games as a kid. super sprint, asteroids deluxe and of course the one, the only, the cosmic avenger. man i loved that arcade. hell super sprint would be cool on the inty too. Edited by pimpmaul69

Many of the suggestions were for games that SHOULD have been done in the day.

Unfortunately, many licenses are very difficult to obtain. The costs of administering the rights push the price too high to make it worthwhile.

Namco refused to sell us the rights to Ms. Pac Man at ANY price, not once, but twice!

Other companies gossly over value the Intellivision rights to their games.

The solution is to do original games or games that are rights free.

• Like 1

Many of the suggestions were for games that SHOULD have been done in the day.

Unfortunately, many licenses are very difficult to obtain. The costs of administering the rights push the price too high to make it worthwhile.

Namco refused to sell us the rights to Ms. Pac Man at ANY price, not once, but twice!

Other companies gossly over value the Intellivision rights to their games.

The solution is to do original games or games that are rights free.

That's why a Roguelike would work; no liscense, hell, no real graphics even, just the use of typing characters!

• 2 weeks later...

That may be true in some cases (post 62) nothing wrong with well made original games though, better than nothing that's for sure! ;) I would like to believe original games today for the INTV or any other console would be quite better than the early ones, AND HAVE BEEN, the ones (ports) i've bought anyway. Today, and thank GOD, there isn't the" jump on the bandwagon and put out any crap that the consumer will buy anything mindset " like we had with the 2600, the best example of that. I kind of hope there will be original games made for the INTV, not sure how many may already exist, i assume not many, if not any.

Edited by Rik

I mentioned this in another thread, but somebody really needs to make Las Vegas Russian Roulette. Also, I'd love a decent Dr. Mario port.

But the guy in the video said he has already Las Vegas Russian Roulette and also Space Attack for the Intellivision. :-D

I really hate ToT :lol: Its not the game I have in mind. I dont know if it is possible, but may there is a way to develop an RPG with back up batterie? Something like the early FF's, just much more simple. Grind, safe the stats, go on the next day with slaying dragons. This would be awesome to see such an RPG on the Intellivision.

Do you know if its possible to make games with savestats? Batteries would be very cool, otherwise may EEPROMs

Edit: By the way, I would like the gameplay more like Tower of Doom. Of course the console is very limited, but a small area with some enemies and the option so save the process. Its more the feature of saving which I would like to see.

Edited by Ignorama

An RPG would be complicated but it would also have the potential of being the biggest seller. As long as it has a good story/text, wizards, warriors, dragons, princesses, etc.

Tarmin is close because it does have hit points. It just doesn't have an ongoing story/characters to talk to.

Edited by IntellivisionDude

• 3 weeks later...