Reaperman's GBA collection

gba game boy advance gameboy collection reaperman

3 replies to this topic

#1 Reaperman OFFLINE  

Reaperman

Quadrunner

• 5,846 posts

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:08 AM

I'm a huge gba fan, it's easily my favorite system, but I've never gathered the collection up for pictures until now.
I went with thumbnails over full size pics but most blow up quite large.

Posted Image
First up is my AGS-101 Kiosk which sits on my phone stand. It's got Mario Tennis in it. I've been meaning to get more insert/demo combinations, but that hasn't happened yet.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Next up is my wireless dueling set in a waterproof case. In there are two charging cables, a double charger, two flash carts, two wireless links and two custom re-cased two-tone AGS-101 models.

Posted Image
Here are my Game Boy Micros and related accessories. The two 'budget pack' micro systems are both still sealed.

Posted Image
Here are my other two GBA SP units. The black one is a 001 and the pink is yet another 101. With them are my flash carts. Somewhere around here I also have an FA128 and a parallel linker, but they went AWOL for the photo shoot.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Here are my oldschool gbas. The white one is Afterburner modified. With them are some odd accessories. The two that are more rare are the 'GBA transverter' which attaches to the back and outputs a TV signal, and the 'Game Wallet' which loads flash carts from smartmedia through the link port. Both were used in an attempt at making a larger handheld with a tv out and joystick port (pre-gamecube gameboy player). I never made it a case, but it worked well and was sure fun to play:
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Here are my unlicensed games. 3 are sealed, which is odd for unlicensed games since most didn't come that way. The second pic is a close up of the pirates (which have neat labels), the third pic is hacks/homebrew. The kirby game is just a packaged up NES emulator that plays the first kirby game, and Blast Arena Advance is my only scratchbuilt homebrew cart (and it's awesome).

Posted ImagePosted Image
Above are my standard commercial games--the games on the left are factory sealed. Of the sealed ones, I expect pocket professor and mazes of fate to become quite rare. Of the unsealed, Payback and Racing Gears Advance might increase in demand. I can't really imagine ever parting with any of them, though.

Posted ImagePosted Image
And last but certainly not least, is my personal Game Boy Advance 'Holy Grail.' A NIB Visteon Dockable Entertainment Center with install kit. For those who have forgotten, this was a 10" portable dvd player which also played GBA games and came with a car dock.

Edited by Reaperman, Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:37 PM.

#2 high voltage ONLINE  

high voltage

Quadrunner

• 6,638 posts

Posted Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:27 AM

now that last item is just wicked

#3 onthinice OFFLINE  

onthinice

Chopper Commander

• 186 posts

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:21 PM

Nice!

#4 MrBland OFFLINE  

MrBland

Dragonstomper

• 761 posts
  • 474|2!

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:09 AM

Wow, thanks for sharing. I love the collection. I have always loved the SP because of its backwards compatibility, size, and the fact I could carry it in my pocket without worring about the screen getting scratched. The SP was the first to me that was a real pocket portable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gba, game, boy, advance, gameboy, collection, reaperman

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users