IGNORED

KillBotz! - Homebrew

GroovyBee

LOL! I know it's just a joke, but if you intend to use it, you may want to refine the allophone for the "a" between "like" and "chicken," for it sounds like "aim."

I didn't spend long on it and I was surprised to get anything out at all. The game's real phrases will sound much better.

i dont have the prograams needed to make an animated gift but made the motions for rotating arms and base. not trying to step on any toes, just thought it might be a working idea.

Looks good! They are different to the animations that I've implemented. Don't worry, no toes have been stepped on.

Can you add a joystick test program to this rom if there is room. Something to validate directions, keypad, and buttons for controller 1 and 2.

Sorry, but I'd rather use any free ROM space for adding things to the game like extra sounds, music or graphics/animations.

I could do a small run of controller test carts but its not high on my priority list at the moment because I'd have to sit down and write the test routines first.

Looks good! They are different to the animations that I've implemented. Don't worry, no toes have been stepped on.

yeah without having seen your robots move i just dont know how you were thinking of doing them so i figured it didnt hurt to throw in some other ideas. I am not sure about what kinda person your main character is but you mentioned scientists so i was thinking how to implement the running man in a lab coat. Edited by pimpmaul69

Second attempt. Sounds good on the real thing as well.

botztalk_25_04_13.1.01F.rom

LOL! That's awesome. By the way, I seem to recall Joe working on some sort of program that could take a sample wave file and transcode it for the Intellivoice, using an LPC-10 encoder. The results were rather effective. I think he was planning on saving it for his next game, but perhaps he'll share the code? It doesn't hurt to ask him.

-dZ.

• Like 1

LOL! That's awesome. By the way, I seem to recall Joe working on some sort of program that could take a sample wave file and transcode it for the Intellivoice, using an LPC-10 encoder. The results were rather effective. I think he was planning on saving it for his next game, but perhaps he'll share the code? It doesn't hurt to ask him.

Sounds interesting (pun intended ;)). I'm going to stop experimenting with speech for now but I have a process that gets close results but it has a manual stage followed by listen/edit/listen/edit.... I'll most likely write a Windows tool to help with the manual conversion when it comes time to put speech in the game for real. I'll put that out for other people to tinker with when its done.

Looks awesome! Is this going to feature 2 controller use by chance? Left disc moves your dude, right disc allows firing in all 16 directions or swappable for them southpaws? :lol: :)

Although it looks like Robotron it won't play like it. Nonner and I are still deciding what will be in the game. Hopefully, there will be some updates at the end of the week.

• 2 weeks later...