IGNORED

Lode Runner is on the way! :D

retroillucid

Thanks, its the 30th Aniversary CV

BTW: I'm going to sell this unit soon, including a Canadian PS ;)

I thought it was already sold off last year or did you end up making two? Maybe I am mistaken that sale for the Replica Proto CV with the white framed front bezel.

My role in the videogame crash was playing Lode Runner on our IBM PC in 1983. Even in four colors, it was better than anything I had on my ColecoVision. Can't remember if Ultima III came before or after, but gaming was all PC after that until I found Atari Age.

Looking forward to this release!

Wow. Between this release and DKA, I am going to flip! Can't wait! Now if only we could create and save our own levels...

In Lode Runner? I think the editor is included. It was included in the SG-1000 version, which was the starting point of Steve's version, and I would be surprised if Steve removed it. Now will Steve use CollectorVision's Lord of Dungeon PCB to implement editor saving, that's the million-dollar question. :)

EDIT: By the way, DoctorTom, I believe there's a certain Team Pixelboy invoice you need to take care of... ;)

Edited by Pixelboy

Pixelboy: I took care of it today. Sorry you had to wait a week.

And yes, level editor saving is a MUST. What's the point taking the time to make levels you can't save?

Well I always said what was the point drawing pictures you can't save for super sketch but somehow they made that one. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Glad to see some interest in my game! The game itself is finished, I'm currently working on the final touches, like putting a little more sounds/music.

I'm glad you people liked the intro!

There will be no editor in this version. The reason being that I needed the space for the 150 original levels. The SG-1000 version had only 80 levels and they were 30x10 (300) tiles. My game have all the original 150 levels with 28x16 (448) tiles. Uncompressed, like the original game, it didn't fit at all in 32k ROMs. After I compressed the level data (simple RLE type compression), it didn't fit either, so something had to go. I figured people would enjoy 150 levels more than a level editor that can only keep one level at a time in RAM with no (easy) way to save them.

So here I am, game's almost finished, I'm just filling up the 400 bytes I still have left with music and sounds, and maybe some other things.

Like someone pointed out in the thread, the game is really fast, it runs at 60fps. I'm really proud of that! So far, I haven't seen any slow downs on the real Colecovision, even with 5 enemies on the screen with their original path finding AI intact. I just optimized the AI coding a lot. But it can be a little difficult to navigate sometimes so I'm planning on adding a difficulty setting. I'll probably just wait a frame or 2 for the slower setting, like they did with Jumpman Junior (the speed you choose in that game decides how many frames the game wait in between each screen drawing).

Anyway, back to programming!

Steve

• Like 14