IGNORED

2013 Great Year for Intellivision

2013 Great Year for intellivision  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Will 2013 be a great year for Intellivision?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm not looking to re-make old games that exist in other platforms. I think the Intellivision community would be served better with absolutely original titles. I know what Elektronite is trying to, and that's fine, but I rather see cheap cart-only productions of completely new and innovative game titles.

-dZ.

Im also fine with the concept of innovative games... but it is in general a question of quality of the game

Carol is a very good game and game of the year 2012..... if we would do a licensed port of a bad games... this would have no sense....

but a license port of a very good game, that set a milestone in the gaming history... is a good service to intellivision fans in my opinion

from a developer point of view is an easy way to tune the hw possibilities of INTV forcing it to compare with games that someone think are not feasible on intellivision....

Im also fine with the concept of innovative games... but it is in general a question of quality of the game

Carol is a very good game and game of the year 2012..... if we would do a licensed port of a bad games... this would have no sense....

but a license port of a very good game, that set a milestone in the gaming history... is a good service to intellivision fans in my opinion

from a developer point of view is an easy way to tune the hw possibilities of INTV forcing it to compare with games that someone think are not feasible on intellivision....

Very true. :)

I personally will work on original games, though. There are many games I would love to remake, but I also have many original ideas I would like to realize, and life is too short to do it all.

-dZ.

• Like 1

There are many games I would love to remake,

-dZ.

***cough****MS Pac Man****cough****

Seriously though, I think a nice mix of new, original games and ports or sequels of great older games is a perfect world. Intellivision FTW!

***cough****MS Pac Man****cough****

Seriously though, I think a nice mix of new, original games and ports or sequels of great older games is a perfect world. Intellivision FTW!

Nah, that one's Carl. I would work on Pac-Man, though... oh I have. LOL!

Seriously, Pac-Man is one of my favorite games of all time, and the thing I like the most about it is the simplicity of design that results in such sophisticated game-play.

-dZ.

what about Archon 1 & 2 and MULE?

Both have been mentioned before somewhere and I'm a big fan of both from my C64 days. Even withstanding getting an Archon license, a "battle chess" type game should be very doable on the Intellivision.

(BTW, there is a GREAT 8-bit weapon version of the M.U.L.E. song available ... one of my favorite retro songs to listen to. Highly recommended if you've never heard it!)

Please make this happen, this would be the best day in my intellivision life :D

well so far there is nothing to add: revenues related to this kind of project are usually too low for the companies.... we have to hope in people who are interested in the videogame culture and do not pretend absurd constraints or money... at the moment I do not know on which side Anuman Interactive is placing itself

This is a problem with a lot of licenses. Certain companies ask for absurd amounts of money.

We recently had an unnamed company demand that we get 'developer status' from Intellivision Productions until they would negotiate.

We did it, and then they changed the licensing fee to $10,000.

We countered with a more than reasonable offer, but they decided it wasn't worth their while to pick up a few thousand dollars off the floor.

I have one last card to play, so I won't name the company, but it is a bit disappointing to say the least.

We recently had an unnamed company demand that we get 'developer status' from Intellivision Productions until they would negotiate.

We did it, and then they changed the licensing fee to $10,000.

We countered with a more than reasonable offer, but they decided it wasn't worth their while to pick up a few thousand dollars off the floor.

I have one last card to play, so I won't name the company, but it is a bit disappointing to say the least.

I'm guessing the company is Electronic Arts for no other reason than Archon needs to be developed on the Inty. :grin: