IGNORED

Princess Rescue Now Available!

Albert

I was able to purchase the cart/manual the other day, but not a boxed copy. Now I see someone selling a boxed copy on eBay for $119.00. sigh

I got two PRs. A sealed boxed copy for display, and a loose cart w/ manual to game with. The boxed copy isn't for sale, btw.

Edited by stardust4ever

I was able to purchase the cart/manual the other day, but not a boxed copy. Now I see someone selling a boxed copy on eBay for $119.00. sigh

Does anyone know who the scumbag is on here that bought it just to re sell??

Location says Santa Cruz, CA so should be easy to figure out

Does anyone know who the scumbag is on here that bought it just to re sell??

Location says Santa Cruz, CA so should be easy to figure out

He first listed this on ebay a month ago for $150. I posted the link on the Wanted Interesting Auctions thread. My apologies, it should have gone on the funny crazy lame auctions thread.

If it were parts out of stock or an update/bugfix issue, the product page would still have been there with an OOS message and an explaination of why it was unavailable. The entire page was removed from the site this time around with no explaination. I understand that products like Bolderdash were removed months after they sold out, but this came without warning. I can't help but wonder as the product page was pulled less than a week after the IGN video review was published. IGN is a huge media player in the video game industry with partnerships with major companies. Fan and forum sites not authorized by Nintendo likely go under the radar, especially since employees are often discouraged or prohibited from participating in fan sites due to NDAs.

Maybe Albert or Sprybug will shed some light on this issue :(

Hey guys, Albert told me to have you guys message him about the removal of the game. Yes, something did happen but I'm not at liberty to say. Maybe Albert can come on here and explain the situation.

That's unfortunate! Well, hopefully it's all okay. Hopefully I can still download the ROM in the other thread. Great game, btw. Hope this doesn't impact your other new game effort.

I just read on NintendoAge that this game is a ripoff of Super Mario Bros, is that right? How come this wasn't specified on the store page anywhere? How come nobody was told this prior to buying it? First I wanted to run over this abomination with my car now I want to burn it with the fire of a thousand suns, how could you leave out such a major detail to people paying you for the game? I can never trust this place enough to buy anything from the store here ever again, too many shady details.

I was hoping it was a fine sense of sarcastic humor but, no. Even NintendoAge members consider his post trolling.

dra600n wrote:

He made a new game for the 2600. The game itself looks exactly like SMB1. BTW, your post over there makes NA look like a pile of steaming ass trolls. Seriously, just go watch the video and make your own judgement.

As for the game itself - it's rather impressive for a 2600 game. It's a shame that there weren't that many talented programmers back when the system was still relevant.

dra600n is no random member. He's a homebrew developer just like Sprybug. I value his opinion greatly.

• Like 1

It suddenly smells trollish here, doesn't it?

Or maybe my humor is undeveloped... :ponder:

Nope. Definitely a troll.

Got mine today. I looked at it and then threw it on top of my game shelf where it'll likely sit for the next 10 years. Maybe I'll play the ROM over the weekend just to see what the game is like.

Not the same game. That one shows game play of some shitty Super Mario ripoff. Same box though, that's weird.

Another 100 boxes and you're actually going to sell them? Wow, classy. Any respect I had for you and your store just went out the window.

I did. When promising a limited run to your customers, if you happen to find more copies the one thing you don't do is sell them. How is this complicated? Keep them in your house, burn them, do something that ensures they don't get sold so that my copy doesn't get devalued. There is only one thing he could possibly do with those extra boxes which would upset anyone, out of all the possible things he could do with them. And he chose to do that one thing, what are the odds of that? I'd need a calculator to figure it out.

If the printer sends him a box with 1000 more copies in it by mistake is he going to sell those too? It's his job to make sure the run is limited to 100. I don't care how.

• Like 6