IGNORED

2600 Vader Video Tearing Issue (left side)

MisterMsk

Hi All,

I recently got a Atari 2600 Vader (4 switch). The problem I have is with the video. The bottom of the screen has a verical bar on each side below the main picture. Also, the left side of the screen I see tearing. Anyone know what can cause this?

Thank You.

What TV? Some newer TV aren't forgiving of 2600's loose video standard. Check Channel 2/3/4 (depending on version, earlier is 2/3, later is 3/4) Also if you're using splitter and antenna or other devices for RF on your TV, remove it and try for direct connection.

Take a picture of it (the poor picture), let's see how it looks.

It's probably RF related though and you could benefit from a composite mod if you use a modern TV. Components also age which may cause frequency to drift, adjusting the RF coils/caps might help - or try it on an old TV and see if it's the same there.

Edited by e5frog

• 1 year later...

I'm having a problem with a Atari 2600 also, that I bought already modded.

http://youtu.be/dokSXUmgo8g

The game screen start moving during gameplay, while other games screen moves vertically from the starts, sometimes without sounds either. While other games works.

The guy who sold it to me says it could be a compatibility issue with my TV (Panasonic 50" plasma).

Any one would have an idea about this problem?

Sorry, I was posting from my work and network policy there didn't let my start a thread, only reply to existing one. :;-)

I decided to by another Atari from ebay with the batari mode, according to seller. found out that the mode done my previous seller seems pretty cheap (Custom homemade board, not much on it.)