IGNORED

HSC10 Round 9: Berzerk

Berzerk is back!

We had a lot of fun with last time...

I'll throw in a couple of different bonus games for those wanting some extra blasting - If you don't just play Berzerk ;) Usual scoring and bonus for beating the HSC record (orpheuswaking's 20,460). I'll see how things go and might extend this round too :ponder:

Round closes Sunday 16th June 10PM BST - will keep to the evening finishes for now; that's late afternoon stateside, hope that's ok with everyone?

Downloads

Berzerk Fandal XEX, atarimania ROM, atarionline.pl XEX/ATRs - careful when starting to not press fire as it goes up through the levels which is a pain to get back to level 1!! (use Start/F2) Might benefit from OS/B Translator for the voice sound effects... checkout last times round for other links if you have any issues.

berzerk.png

Bad Bonus Games :-o

Android Attack - Atarimania ATR the classic from Pretzelland Software :D ok I've never heard of it either but might be fun! Emulator users need to make the disk Read/Write and enable BASIC:

Altirra: "File" "DiskDrives" change the R/O to RW then click OK... "System" "Firmware" tick next to BASIC] - then reboot with Shift F5

Atari800win+4.0: "Atari" "Disk Drives" change 'read only to read write click OK... enable BASIC in "Atari" "Settings"] then reboot F5

or better still get an ATARI :P

1pt for playing 1pt for highest score

android_attack_3.gif

Rebel Probe - Fandal XEX it's got robots and doors so meets the strict criteria - play on easy? OK you have to escape and not shoot the robots darn it!

1pt for playing 1pt for completing the game - play on easy?

rebel_probe.png

ULF Peterson's Berzerk

yes it's back! due to unpopular demand (blame roadrunner!!)

BerzerkUP-2012.atr

1pt for playing 1pt for highest score.

post-19705-0-53688700-1370621306_thumb.png

KE Soft Berserk V2!

found another one (turbo basic so XL/XE required)

TBASGamesDisk04.ATR

post-19705-0-63768300-1370704101_thumb.png

Players welcome to suggest any settings or bonus challenges

Everyone welcome to join in :)

Edited by therealbountybob
  • Like 1

I'm not getting Android Attack to load up, trbb could you put that game on a atr file or something so we could play it? ;)

There is an ATR on post #1 ?! The game needs BASIC enabling and the disk write enabling (see 1st post for updated instructions) if no good let me know where you get to...

There is an ATR on post #1 ?! The game needs BASIC enabling and the disk write enabling (see 1st post for updated instructions) if no good let me know where you get to...

I know the first post has an ATR. I thought if you put that game on a ATR with a bunch of other games on it, it would be easier to load up.

What do I put in disk drive? new, save or eject? This is the screen I get.

I think i'm gonna go play Ulf's Bezerk. ;)

Let the battle begin! ;)

I know the first post has an ATR. I thought if you put that game on a ATR with a bunch of other games on it, it would be easier to load up.

What do I put in disk drive? new, save or eject? This is the screen I get.

I think i'm gonna go play Ulf's Bezerk. ;)

Let the battle begin! ;)

try this:

Altirra: "File" "DiskDrives" change the R/O to RW then click OK... "System" "Firmware" tick next to BASIC] - then reboot with Shift F5

Probe hard 23 robots left

And just for the hell of it, Ulf's Berzerk 170

hmmm the bonus games many not be so good this time,,, never mind we'll keep the round to the usual two weeks but finishes 10pm UK time. If any other masochists wants to play some ULF then we'll make it 1pt for playing each game, plus 1pt for completing Rebel Probe on easy and 1pt for the winner of the other two. I'll add this into the first post...

Berzerk 7,960 (a bit rusty here!) - remember folks you can 'scoot' but waggling the stick either side of the direction you want

post-19705-0-72943100-1370619652.jpg

Android Attack 1,815 Apparently it's an all time high [blush]

post-19705-0-34554100-1370619671_thumb.jpg

and now some tables...

Berzerk

1st orpheuswaking (N) 24,860 14pts*

2nd therealbountybob 7,960 11pts

3rd Goochman (N) 7,390 11pts

4th jblenkle (N) 6,460 10pts

5th roadrunner (N) 6,420 9pts

6th adam242 6,280 7pts

7th Liduario 4,870 6pts

8th McKong 4,300 5pts

*+1pt for beating HSC record

N+1pt for NTSC players

Bad bonus games (1pt for playing +1pt for winning)

Android Attack

trbb 1815 2pts

Rebel Probe (+1pt for completing easy)

roadrunner 1pt

McKong 1pt

trbb 1pt

ULF's Berzerk (he sure is)

roadrunner 170 2pts

• Like 1

ULF Peterson's Berzerk

yes it's back! due to unpopular demand (blame roadrunner!!)

LOL ;)

No points for playing R Probe on medium and hard?

Rebel Probe - it's got robots and doors so meets the strict criteria - play on easy? OK you have to escape and not shoot the robots darn it!

1pt for playing 1pt for completing the game - play on easy?

^^^^ I'm confused on this. I played it shooting the robots. So their's 2 ways to play this game?

Edited by roadrunner

- remember folks you can 'scoot' but waggling the stick either side of the direction you want

Now that's an important piece of information! I didn't know that - I thought the humanoid was only able to limp painfully slowly.

Still haven't come close to that first score...

Tried all three bonus games tonight....

post-19239-0-28400800-1370657872_thumb.jpg

140 on Ulf's Berzerk. I kinda like this one.

Unless you get randomly placed in an impossible position at the start of a board, there's some challenge to it.

post-19239-0-04250700-1370657877_thumb.jpg

64 (!) on Android Attack. What am I missing here? You've gotta be pretty good or very patient to get four digits on this one.

post-19239-0-92485800-1370657881_thumb.jpg

29 robots left on Probe (easy). Harder than it looks (easy to run into walls!), I need to practice.

I don't think the bonus games are that bad... Hell, I'd rather play any of these three than Munsiepede! :P

Tried all three bonus games tonight....

post-19239-0-28400800-1370657872_thumb.jpg

140 on Ulf's Berzerk. I kinda like this one.

Unless you get randomly placed in an impossible position at the start of a board, there's some challenge to it.

64 (!) on Android Attack. What am I missing here? You've gotta be pretty good or very patient to get four digits on this one.

29 robots left on Probe (easy). Harder than it looks (easy to run into walls!), I need to practice.

I don't think the bonus games are that bad... Hell, I'd rather play any of these three than Munsiepede! :P

I'm glad i'm not the only one that like's Ulf's Berzerk. :)

To play the bonus games or not ;-)

possibly not ! I think I got lucky last round with the centipede clones...

General responses: (sir!)

Looks like all you have to do in Rebel Probe is get to a corner room with a blue door - there is a score given so see what you get shooting or not shooting? Medium and Hard seem to have faster (less controllable movement but not sure if anything else - more rooms perhaps? play as you wish and I'll dole out some points... Android Attack is ok [shoot the androids get to the bottom room with NR (Nuclear Reactor or Now Run?!) shoot the door and get out back to the top... seems to be a time limit before it blows] and ULF is kinda ok (he lies).

ok folks see the discussion post for the next round - everyone welcome - including new players :thumbsup: to suggest something either five single games to make up an entire vote or a theme etc.

Berzerk 9,810 :)

post-19705-0-80066400-1370683722.jpg

not sure if the scooting (wriggling joystick) 'feature' is down to poor programming but it adds to the game... another Berzerk tip is use Otto to clear any hard to get baddies by luring him over them... not so Evil after all eh?!!