IGNORED

The Name My Homebrew Operation Contest

Robert M

I'm glad you liked the "yote" idea! :D Like krisjohn suggested, I was thinking of Speilberg's first movie project "Amblin" that he used for "Amblin Entertainment". I've done some more research on the word...

YOTE TECHNOLOGY COMPANY makes printing and sewing machines and is based in China

www.yote.com is taken! :sad: It's for Yote Computing based in South Dakota.

coyote.com is also taken! Damn, coyoteproductions.com was recently registered!

In theme with the "canine" idea I checked this one. The name Softwarewolf is being used, presumably by

softwarewolf.com, which is taken, but software-wolf.com is available. 8)

Back to "yote", I propose: COMPANY YOTE or CO. YOTE for short. :D

The following ARE STILL AVAILABLE! :

co-yote.com

companyyote.com

companyote.com

yoteproduction.com

yoteproductions.com

And now for something completely different...

"Squashed" company names include: Coleco, Hasbro Toys, Rolenta Press, etc.

Let's take your name: Robert Paul Mundschau = Ropamund Software or Productions or whatever.

I like this one because it sounds similiar to Broderbund Software which gave( if I remember correctly ) Lode Runner and Midnight Magic.

ropamund.com is also available! :)

I'll have to post a sample logo design or two when I get a free moment!

Later! 8)

Idea 1: Mundcart

It's short and simple. It's also symetrical (2 words of 4 letters). It reflects that you are putting a bit of yourself into a cart.

Here is my first take on a logo:

(you will probably have to copy/paste it into your address bar)

http://www.geocities.com/svancew/Mundcart.html

They are both in JPEG form; the actual bitmap version is much cleaner.

A few more ideas:

R.P.M. could stand for: Retro Player's Media

retroplayersmedia.com is available! :)

OR how 'bout: Retro Frontier Games ? retrofrontiergames.com is also up for grabs!

OR The Vintage Frontier(thevintagefrontier.com) OR Vintage Frontier Games(vintagefrontier.com OR vintagefrontiergames.com) ALL available!

Rearrange some of the letters in your name: Robert Paul Mundschau, and you get...

ePRoM ! :D

( I'm not sure how that can be a business name though... unless you want to compete with eBay! :P )

If all else fails...

How about Janus Games ? ( Named after the 2-faced Roman God of doorways and gateways, looking to the past and toward the future... janusgames.com)

That's all for now. Later! 8)

Idea 3: GHOSTPARTY

The title reflects how much fun you're having playing around with a "dead" system, or ghost.

The logo is here:

(remember you'll probably have to copy/paste the link into your address bar)

http://www.geocities.com/svancew/Ghostparty.html

I think it has a very colorful, retro kind of look to it. The quality of the orange and purple colors in the letters came out a little crappy when I saved it as a GIF.

More Contest Feedback:

Holy Cow! :o I am getting buried with your good ideas people. :)

I know for certain though that:

- I don't want a name that starts with a Numeral, so "6507" and "1.19 MHz Industries" are out. Sorry, I just see lots of confusion on a mailing address if I start with a number.

- As I said in the beginning, shorter is better. 1-2 words (<11 char.) is ideal, 2-3 words is good (<20 char), 4 is pushing it but not impossible if its really cool. 5+ Probably not. The main reason I want small is so it wouldn't be hard to produce on the screen. More characters means its harder for me to make the VCS display my name/logo. It also means more precious ROM going to a logo rather than the game.

- If you make a logo, make sure it would fit comfortably in the corner or along the edge of a cartridge label and remain readable. Horizontal banding of the colors, or Monochrome are again the easiest for me to program the VCS to display on screen.

Thanks for all the great entries so far! Feel free to go back and revise older entries or make completely new ones. You can enter as many times as you want.

Cheers!