IGNORED

2600 port to arcade machine project

abrondino

Just discovered this thread. This is awesome; I was actually thinking of building an Atari 2600 cabinet myself, but having already built a MAME cabinet from scratch I just can't talk myself into the time commitment to do another one.

OP, I hope you post a YouTube vid when this is done!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how big you want your label, but in best electronics revision 10 catalog, on page 155, they are selling prototype metal labels from the Atari 2700 run that never happened. They are only a buck for two, and they have self adhesive backing on them. Best does have a minimum order, but it's hard to look in that thing and NOT spend 20 bucks. I would like a dozen of everything.... Anyhow, since you're doing a one off cabinet, why not use a one off label?

I'm unsure how I missed your post, OneMoreTime. Apologies for the late response. I tried to find this catalog online without success. Would you know of a link?

-Dino

Edited by abrondino

Really enjoyed looking at this cabinet build, I'm hoping to build a new cabinet soon.

You mentioned using wood putty, how has your experience been with that? I need to completely refinish my cabinet and it needs some putty in a few places!

Great stuff!

• 1 year later...