IGNORED

ANTIC the Atari 8bit Podcast is now available

Subby

I really have enjoyed all 4 of the podcasts so far. It would be interesting to listen to the publisher for Analog magazine just to have a basis of comparison. I do remember reading Antic magazine back in the day. I do not remember if i read Analog magazine. I might have seen an issue or two but not sure. Anyway looking forward to your next Antic Podcast.

• 3 weeks later...
Episode 5 is now available for your listening pleasure, at www.AtariPodcast.com or in your favorite podcast app.

"In this episode of Antic, the Atari 8-bit Podcast, Kevin plays with an Atari gadget that he pre-ordered three years ago -- and forgot about . . . Randy tells everything you wanted to know about connecting your PC to your Atari . . . poor Brad ends up with more Texas Instruments 99/4A computers than he knows what to do with. Also. an interview with the president of one of the oldest Atari users groups."

Bonus content: When we recorded the podcast, I mentioned that I hadn't played many of the ABBUC software contest entries. I felt bad about that, so made a video where I tried them all -- well, as many as I could. It's at

Enjoy

-Kevin

• Like 3

May I make a suggestion that you would create a new topic thread for each new episode? I think that it'll easier to detect when a new episode is posted since I almost missed the latest posting here. I haven't listened to episode #5 yet but I know that I'll enjoy it. Thanks and keep up the good work!

• 4 weeks later...

I can't help but think the interview in the latest podcast was a wasted opportunity. The guy had a lot to say on technical/programming issues but the interviewer didn't seem to understand a lot of what he was saying and just offered the odd 'uh huh'. The stuff about his use of Forth, the discussion on hardware changes he suggested and the SIO issues were fascinating and a few good additional questions may well have teased out some more nuggets. I'll grab the extended version though and see if that's better.

Another excellent show. The interview with Mike Albaugh was very fascinating. Last year when I first got back into the Atari 8-bit world, the first thing I did was play the 800 demo. It still makes me smile after all these years. I remember being so amazed seeing the powerful things the 800 could do.

And thanks for the notice that the Lost Treasures of Infocom are available for iOS! I can't believe I missed that news. I knocked over a senior citizen and two children rushing to my iPad to purchase those games. As you could guess from my username I'm quite fond of Zork and Infocom. And I believe Kevin misstated the price. I think he said it is $12.99 for all games and maps, but the $9.99 purchase gets you everything.

Keep up the great work, and thanks for the continued trips down memory lane. (Plus one for including the M.U.L.E. theme at the end.)

Just listened to episode #6. My condolences for Kevin's loss of his father. You shared many great memories with your father.

The sound quality has improved greatly! I was using my headphones and can really hear the sounds shifting between the L & R channels just like if I were in the room. How did you guys changed your setup? (eg. new microphones). Keep up the great work!

• 3 weeks later...

I started backwards from latest episode, today I'll be conmuting with the previous one. Sweet!

Glad to find that the speakers cover the spectrum from gamer to apps/programmer type of user so different auditors can relate to each of you.

One of the speakers sounds overly-robotic to my taste. Not sure if it is an audio compression thing or a physical impediment of some sort.

I was a little dissappointed on the fact that none of you had read Bushnell's book. Not that you had to, but if you were to comment on any topic I would have expected to hear discussion on your opinions of the topic beyond the cover.

All and all, a good episode. Personal stories and anecdote sharig is definitely a plus to the show. keep up the good work guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Another great show. You guys should try and get some of these Polish hackers on the show to talk about the scene in Poland and their hardware projects. Assuming they speak enough english to make a podcast appearance viable.

The quality of the show is getting better and better.

My suggestion is to move to a weekly format!

I'm listening to it right now, for the 2nd time today, I enjoy it so much.

One suggestion though: I listen to the podcast through my phone and it's headphones. Sometimes at work I need to take one headphone out of my ears so that I can hear what my colleagues are saying. However the way that the sound is mixed, I sometimes only hear one person from one headphone and the others from the other, so I miss out on some things said. Could the left / right be mixed together (i.e. mono rather than stereo)?