IGNORED

can reproduction carts be made as pal from ntsc

gooner73

There isn't any difference hardware-wise between a PAL or NTSC cartridge. Only the code (the rom) is different.

So the only way to convert a NTSC game to PAL is to have a programmer to alter the code. This has already been done for a lot of games. There are some ready to download here, and you can find many other conversions in the "hacks" forum.

• Like 1

Here are some PAL conversions I did for Tapper and Burgertime. I made the PAL60 roms before, and just cooked up the regular PAL ones now. The ones marked PAL60 have PAL colors, and run at a 60Hz frequency. If your TV supports this then I would use those roms first. You find the other roms simply marked "PAL" run slower, i.e. your player moves slower, and the music is slower. This is not easy to fix, but creating PAL60 roms is.

BurgerTime, Tapper.zip

There are some more conversions here and here, amongst other places. I'm particularly happy with the Q-Bert Qubes conversion, as that is a fun game to play. :)

• Like 1

Here are some PAL conversions I did for Tapper and Burgertime. I made the PAL60 roms before, and just cooked up the regular PAL ones now. The ones marked PAL60 have PAL colors, and run at a 60Hz frequency. If your TV supports this then I would use those roms first. You find the other roms simply marked "PAL" run slower, i.e. your player moves slower, and the music is slower. This is not easy to fix, but creating PAL60 roms is.

BurgerTime, Tapper.zip

There are some more conversions here and here, amongst other places. I'm particularly happy with the Q-Bert Qubes conversion, as that is a fun game to play. :)

many thanks for the help! so i would just need to send Albert these particular rom files and away i could go! :)

Honestly I would just buy a Harmony cart and play these on it. Burgertime needs a Melody board to put the rom on which is always in short supply. With a Harmony cart you can also try out all the new homebrews, and if you really like them then you still have the option to purchase them from the AtariAge store. Al gives a small gratuity to the homebrewer for each cart he sells. Although homebrewing is a labor of love, this small gratuity is really appreciated by the homebrewers as a small thank you, so please keep that in mind when you choose where to buy homebrews. :)

• Like 2

Does anyone know if reproduction carts can be made of games that were only ntsc releases originally, to work on pal systems?

for instance Tapper and burgertime.

many thanks :?

If you don't mind odd colors, get the NTSC game. If your TV can run at 60 htz, most (if not all) NTSC games will play on a PAL system.

• Like 1