IGNORED

Does someone knows what this is (from Poland?)

Fred_M

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me. I found this piece of hardware. It is a little box with two LEDs and a switch. It has a Sio-cable attached and at the back of the box there is a SCART-connector (which is used in Europe for video...). I found a cable which I think should be connected to this box. On one side of the cable there is a SCART connector, the other side of the cable consists of 2 tulip connectors and what appears to be a serial connector (female). On the box there is a small "warranty"-like sticker in the Polish language.

Does anyone know what this box is used for?

Thanks!

post-6711-0-36566100-1373400630_thumb.jpgpost-6711-0-00128500-1373400649_thumb.jpg

Kan worden toegepast op composiet video beelden of inscripties computer-gegenereerde,

Transformatie van video en het vermogen om grafisch Atari slaan

Ingebouwd geheugen, zodat de opslag van beelden met een resolutie van 320 * 200 in acht grijstinten,

De mogelijkheid van het verwerken trucs kan worden opgeslagen afbeeldingen

Werken in de meest gebruikte modi, Atari, en in een speciale modus maxgraph,

Kan worden uitgebreid met de interface, zoals het niveau van BASIC.

Video Interface is de originele Poolse oplossing. In de jaren '90 van de twintigste eeuw behandelde het distributiebedrijf Studio Computer "AS" in Warschau.

De effecten van een werk-VIF (zo kort zelf de inrichting beschreven) blijkt, onder andere Sweet Illusions in demo's en de Overmind.

O.K. My poor english:

Interface to grab video signal to Atari XL/XE..

Some details:

• Possibility add pictures or texts generated from computer to video signal,
  • Transform video signal to Atari GFX,
  • Internal RAM to grab pictures with 320x200px with 8 shades,
  • Possibility edit grabbed pictures,
  • Work with most useful GFX modes of Ataris and special mode maxgraph,
  • possibility programming with Basic

Video Interface is original Polish interface. In 90's was distributed with Studio Komputerowe "AS" z Warszawy (after them S.K,"AS" was knowing as "Mirage").

Some VIF jobs (shortly names of Video Interface) you can look at Sweet Illusions and Overmind.

If I remember - some progs for VIF was made by Seban - ask Him about it.

http://www.atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=utils&sub=2.+Grafika&tg=Video+Interface#Video_Interface - catalogue with programs for it

Thanks everyone for your help! Thanks for the Dutch translation Steve!

Many thanks Sikor, your English isn't that bad ;-)

I will investigate the links. I am not surprised that it originates to Mirage, I found it in the collection of ANG Software I bought.

Edited by Fred_M

Hi!

I have that piece of hardware too, unfortunately it's broken ;/ Maybe You can help me to fix my unit, after all those years?

A long time ago I removed the broken chip and an IC socket was inserted, but at that time I could not get the new IC, so the interface lay in a box dozen of years. The broken chip was lost, and now I can not remember its symbol. Can you help me and take a picture of the interface board? If I remember correctly, that chip was a fast parallel 8-bit counter located in "top-left" area of the PCB, near the CD4046 CMOS PLL.

As a curiosity in the "story of the past", I might add that this Video-Interface was used at various demos from us (Slight and Code3) , at this moment I remember that it was for sure:

Digital Trash/Slight ( http://atari.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=304 )

Bitter Reality/Slight (http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=9749 )

Overmind/Slight ( http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=9748 )

Saturday Demo / Code3 ( http://atari.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=970 )

Some screens in each production was captured with use of this device. Long time ago I wrote additional software for this interface, it was called Multi-VIF, and I will try to find it on my old 5.25" Atari disks :)

Maybe Miker remember more demos/intros where we used ViF.

with greetings

Seban/Slight

Hi!

I have that piece of hardware too, unfortunately it's broken ;/ Maybe You can help me to fix my unit, after all those years?

A long time ago I removed the broken chip and an IC socket was inserted, but at that time I could not get the new IC, so the interface lay in a box dozen of years. The broken chip was lost, and now I can not remember its symbol. Can you help me and take a picture of the interface board? If I remember correctly, that chip was a fast parallel 8-bit counter located in "top-left" area of the PCB, near the CD4046 CMOS PLL.

I will take a picture of the pcb and post it here :-)

Hi Seban,

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Fred

Thank You very Much! :) That photo is good quality and hi-resolution! This is enough :) After repair I will post the photos of my version of ViF! :)

with greetings

Seban