IGNORED

RPG blowout sale for PSP on PSN

Just wanted to post a heads up, RPG's on PSN are on sale for PSP\Vita. This is very rare to happen and most are 3 bucks to 8 bucks each.

I counted these:

Class of Heroes

Crimson Gem Saga

Growlancer Wayfarer of Time

Gungnir

Hexyz Force

Knights of the Nightmare

Riviera

Yggdra Union

Just wanted to post a heads up, RPG's on PSN are on sale for PSP\Vita. This is very rare to happen and most are 3 bucks to 8 bucks each.

Any recommendations? I have a new PSP, I've never taken it online though I don't think.

Hexyz Force is near the top of my PSP playlist.

Growlanser and Crimson Gem Saga are next in line.

Class of Heroes was novel when it was first released. It's probably worth the heavily discounted price. But there are better Wizardry style games out there.

Gungnir, Knights in the Nightmare, Riviera, and Yggdra Union are all games I've skipped on for whatever reason. I remember with Yggdra Union I learned that many battles were such that you'd lose in the first turn if you didn't start off with a specific pre-ordained move. I think my research of Gungnir revealed some game mechanic which I didn't like. Knights in the Nightmare didn't seem like anything I'd be interested in. And Riviera seemed too generic and cookie cutter even for me.

Take those observations for whatever they're worth.

Any recommendations? I have a new PSP, I've never taken it online though I don't think.

I've only played a handful of PSP RPG's even though there's tons of em'.....cant find the time! lol

Crimson Gem is solid and I personally kind of like Riviera for some reason. :P

Growlancer and Hexyz I hear are good as Gabriel mentioned. All the other's I haven't played but they are pretty cheap and they all have fair to good reviews. Plus they are only 100-500mb.

Edited by cimerians

I need to look into Growlanser (it's lanser not lancer BTW). I've been meaning to buy a physical copy but I might just download it instead. How does this work BTW? I've never downloaded anything onto my PSP.

Very simple....as soon as you buy the game you download it just like anything else and it shows up on your dash (xmb) and then just click on it to xfer it to the PSP.

i.e Connect your PSP to the PS3 via usb and turn on the PSP. Then on the PSP go to the far left side of the crossbar and look for USB mode and click that. The PSP screen will then say USB mode or something and then you can go back to the PS3 and click on your download and it will copy\install it to the PSP.

Very simple....as soon as you buy the game you download it just like anything else and it shows up on your dash (xmb) and then just click on it to xfer it to the PSP.

i.e Connect your PSP to the PS3 via usb and turn on the PSP. Then on the PSP go to the far left side of the crossbar and look for USB mode and click that. The PSP screen will then say USB mode or something and then you can go back to the PS3 and click on your download and it will copy\install it to the PSP.

Cool $3-$8 beats $25-$30. :)

• Like 1

Oh yeah...I can live without the boxes.

(Manuals are not what they used to be anyway. Slowly disappearing actually)

I can't remember the last game I read the manual for. Pandora's Tower maybe? They really don't hold your hand for that one and the controls were hard to figure out.

I can't remember the last game I read the manual for. Pandora's Tower maybe? They really don't hold your hand for that one and the controls were hard to figure out.

Right. Completely useless in some cases. To the point where I have to fire up a laptop to get online to learn stuff.

At Gabriel's recommendation I bought Hexyz Force and Crimson Gem Saga, problem is I cant download them. Says I need a memory stick. Urgh.

Any recommendation for memory sticks! LOL

Ugh, they can be expensive...a downside to PSP's and Vita's IMO.

I have one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RL8UQ6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&tag=atariage&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002RL8UQ6&linkCode=as2

You may be able to find them cheaper or just stick with a 16GB or less card.

Any recommendation for memory sticks! LOL

These days I use MicroSD to MS Duo adapters. The MicroSD cards are cheaper and can be used in tons of other devices. There are even adapters that fit 2x MicroSD cards into one MS Duo (2x 32GB MicroSD in one MS Duo adapter = 64GB MS Duo).

These days I use MicroSD to MS Duo adapters. The MicroSD cards are cheaper and can be used in tons of other devices. There are even adapters that fit 2x MicroSD cards into one MS Duo (2x 32GB MicroSD in one MS Duo adapter = 64GB MS Duo).

Have any links I could check out? I already have MicroSD cards laying around.

What a pain in the butt this turned out to be. Apparently I haven't bought anything since 2008 and my credit card and e-mail address have changed since then and I don't remember my password. I had to go onto that PSe help chat to get it reset. Guess I need to buy stuff more than once every 5 years.

• Like 1

I didn't know about the adapters either; the sony cards are damn expensive.

I am not sure if any of the games on that list interest me... I have some on disc that remain untouched. On that note... I loathe Gamestop like many, but if you have one near you that still sells PSP games, check them out. Even some of the rpgs can be on the cheap side because they are trying to get rid of them. First up were Valkria Chronicles 2, Star Ocean First Departure, and FF VII CC. Next will probably be anything Persona related before they become rare and expensive.

I just wanted to point out that this is really an Atlus sale, rather than an RPG sale. For example, their Trine 2 and Kenka Bancho are also on sale.

Class of Heroes was novel when it was first released. It's probably worth the heavily discounted price. But there are better Wizardry style games out there.

Like the recently released Class of Heroes 2 that Monkey Paw and Gaijinworks (Vic Ireland) published. :) Or at least, I hear that the improvements over the predecessor are numerous. Haven't played much of it yet myself.

Gungnir, Knights in the Nightmare, Riviera, and Yggdra Union are all games I've skipped on for whatever reason.

Sounds like an allergy to Department Heaven. :) The series has its fans, but I still have yet to try any of the games. Incidentally, one Atlus-published PSP RPG, Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, is not part of this sale (too recent, I guess), but it was co-developed by the Department Heaven studio, Sting.

problem is I cant download them. Says I need a memory stick.

Well, you were going to need a Memory Stick no matter what, since you would otherwise be completely unable to save in any games at all. Anyway, looks like you got that problem out of the way. For the new PSP user, I'd also recommend downloading Sony's Media Go management program if you have a PC. It's very, very handy for managing and backing up your PSP save data and downloaded games, better than using your PS3 to do that--and unlike the PS3, Media Go can actually handle multiple simultaneous downloads if you shop the PSP PlayStation Store through it. Personally, I was very disappointed when I learned the PSV would not use Media Go and would instead require all file management be done through the PSV itself.

onmode-ky

P.S. It's my post #444, a very unlucky number in the Eastern world. Hmm. . . .

Incidentally, one Atlus-published PSP RPG, Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, is not part of this sale (too recent, I guess), but it was co-developed by the Department Heaven studio, Sting.

That one I did pick up. It's pretty cool. It reminded me of Ogre Battle, except concentrated instead of sprawling. Or at least that was my takeaway from the first couple of battles.

I was disappointed because I bought a Vita some months ago and there weren't many interesting games to choose from. Now this sale has come, and I've got, like, eight new games to play. Tinkered with a few of them before I settled into trying to give Hexyz force a serious playthrough. I like these kinds of games, especially when I can play em without getting out of bed.