IGNORED

Coco in a museum exhibit

jhd

Some time ago, there was a thread about classic video game collections at museums. Unfortunately, I am unable to find it now.

Anyway, earlier today I was visiting the Glenbow Museum here in Calgary.

One of the current special exhibits is art of the 1970s. In addition to the actual art, there is a small display case with some random items, such as a Jimi Hendrix concern poster, a frisbee, and an original, grey case Coco I. The caption dates it to ca. 1977, but it is definitely not a first-release as it lacks the RAM-amount sticker and the TRS-80 logo is centered on the case. It looks to be in pristine condition (there is no obvious wear).

It is located near the front entrance of the ARC Discovery Room on the second floor.

It is not worth the Cdn$14 admission charge just to see the Coco (and there are no other video games or vintage computers on exhibit), but overall the museum is worth the money. There is tons of stuff to see, especially the huge arms and armour collection.