IGNORED

TIImageTool 1.5

mizapf

I have had reports from TI Gameshelf users that archive files created with Tiimagetool are not extractable on real hardware using Barry Boone's Archiver program. I will try to test it myself sometime this week, but I'm wondering if compatibility has been previously tested by anyone here... I have been using that tool since it came out to create downloadable archives of programs on my site but honestly always assumed compatibility.

I'd be highly interested in your findings as well, of course :) ...

If there is a compatibility issue maybe we can solve that without unpacking/repacking the archives.

[Edit: Just did a test, archived on TIImageTool, and unpacked with Archiver 3, all OK. So yes, please forward me the files that fail to unpack.]

Edited by mizapf

• 1 year later...

4K monitor? ... Oh, that's a new thing. While I allowed for setting the monospaced font, there is currently no way to set the font size. I may try to include such a feature, but I will have to search for all places in the code where I make assumptions about the 12pt font size.

May I instead try to talk you out of using this monitor size and make you regret to have bought it? ;)

[bTW, I just saw that there are now two threads about TIMT; one here and one on the parent forum. I added all news concerning TIMT to the thread in the parent forum.]

Edited by mizapf

I added some font size setting, but this is not perfect yet. There are many locations in the code where I used absolute widths and heights, but this requires more work.

I pushed an update to Github, so maybe you could try to pull it and build it, so you can see whether this is going in the right direction.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I downloaded the most current version along with a copy of dd.exe. I am using the most recent version of Java. When I attempt to read a CF7 device (as provided with my nanoPEB), the program displays an error, suggesting a path may be incorrect. I have confirmed all paths are valid.

I have also verified that I can read the CF with Winhex, so I know it is accessible.

Do you have any suggestions?

• 9 months later...

Hello mizaph,

I have used TI Image Tool without issue for a while now. Then I upgraded my HxC firmware to the latest version 3_0_8_2a. I can still read the hfe images I've made in the past, but the GoTek no longer sees anymore hfe images I create using TI Imagetool. I'm wondering if this is something you are aware of or do I need to go talk to the HxC folks although I can't really articulate to them what the issue it, they would probably tell me to go and talk to you. *shrugs* not sure what to do. It's possible I am doing something wrong: 80track DSSD 1440 sectors.

I've attached the file below to see if anyone else with a GoTek can see if this shows up in their system.

TEXTSPEECH.hfe

Edited by Sinphaltimus

I can open it with TIMT, but if you say that since the firmware update, the HxC cannot open it anymore, I suspect there is a format change. <sigh> I'd need a current HFE format specification.

BTW, if you're working with the floppy emulation anyway, why do you still use single density? Doesn't the HxC emulate the real floppy speed? Or do you have a real 80-track drive with SD controller and 80-track mod and want to copy between both?

[Edit: Oops ... this is NOT a HFE image, despite the file suffix. This is a normal sector dump. You can already see it from its size.]

Edited by mizapf
  • Like 1

I can open it with TIMT, but if you say that since the firmware update, the HxC cannot open it anymore, I suspect there is a format change. <sigh> I'd need a current HFE format specification.

BTW, if you're working with the floppy emulation anyway, why do you still use single density? Doesn't the HxC emulate the real floppy speed? Or do you have a real 80-track drive with SD controller and 80-track mod and want to copy between both?

[Edit: Oops ... this is NOT a HFE image, despite the file suffix. This is a normal sector dump. You can already see it from its size.]

THAT indeed was the issue - I forgot to change it from Sector Dump to HFE image. All works now.

I have a TI FDC with 80 track mod. so it's DSSD for me. Which, is more than enough for my needs :) - and yes, I have a GoTek with HxC, 3.5" physical disk drive and 5.25" physical disk drive. I certainly take advantage of being able to copy between them whether virtualizing real disks or if need be putting virtual disks on to physical ones.

Thank you. The HxC release notes (below) talk about some fixes, a lot of additional features but unfortunately, nothing changed for the TI emulation. Besides hfe format it takes .v9t9 and .PC99 but I think it always did, still no TI .dsk support although they did indeed add more raw and direct file format support for other systems.

http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_drive_emulator/USB_HFE_hxc_floppy_emulator_firmware_release_notes.txt

Thank you.

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...