IGNORED

What makes a Supercharger game... a Supercharger game?

RetroFiends

Just tested my game Stranglehand on an actual cassette. Highest speed recording settings didn't work. Normal had no problems. Was kind of a kludge going from the PSP headphone jack to the mic in on a portable cassette recorder.

Next level manuver should be to make a master lossless audio file with 4 different loads of the game at the 4 speeds MAKWAV supports. Should be redundant enough.

Not sure if I should continue to go nearly free with used tapes and xeroxed labels or go semi pro with new tapes and albums.

I think I'll go:

* Reused cassette tape

* New desktop laser printed cassette label

* New cassette album (case)

* Desktop laser printed album/case cover insert

* Desktop laser printed manual (single page)

Trying to keep it as inexpensive for everyone as possible. Also, part of the purpose was to recycle these audio cassette tapes. Put them to good use again.

If anyone would rather something else please speak up :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just another update: I think I've got all the "raw materials" now!

[X] Avery Cassette Labels

[X] Cassette Albums with Sleeve for Cover Insert

[X] Recycled Tapes for Games

[X] Brand new cassette deck for mastering

So now that materials are out of the way it's just a matter of figuring out how to put it all together to make a packaged game. I'm intentionally not giving myself a set deadline because first times are usually rough. Will keep peeps informed :)

I want this hacked prototype on cassette in a Starpath-style artwork label, instruction sheet and box!

You take requests?

Meteoroids! :love:

I can do the artwork.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/68072-black-series/?p=850392

I take requests and especially like original ideas. I've never created an Asteroids type game so that could be interesting.

In a similar vein I hope I can interest you in creating artwork for other original titles =)

I doesn't need to be programmed.

I just asking for the finished game in tape format and art that would have been used had it not been changed into Suicide Mission.

The the hack of the prototype for the Supercharger is what I want on cassette (and Melody cart) some day.

Since I'll likely be selling new games I'd like to keep it to IP that I have legal permission to distribute. For better or worse Princess Rescue has me scared. I can't even afford the health care tax much less a lawyer.

That being said, I still have to dink around with figuring out how to make the cover insert for the cases. That'll be my next step!

FWIW, theloon, starpath cassette inserts are the standard "J-Card" insert. There are templates out there, and free software such as gimp can help you out there if you don't already have a graphical suite. The actual cards are printed on a thicker than average "paperboard", if you're going for authenticity. Although, since you're not Arcadia, I think you have a lot of freedom when it comes to the paper used and the designs overall ;) Esp since, as far as paper goes, the glossy paperboard they use isn't what I'd consider cheap...